This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Crossbow View Post
    My cynical nature: He knew full well that the car was leaking and abandoned it there (if it was ever even his car to begin with).
    My cynical nature: he accuses OP's employer of theft "My car had a full tank when I parked it as authorized by the gas station, and now it's empty".
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
      My cynical nature: He knew full well that the car was leaking and abandoned it there (if it was ever even his car to begin with).
      That's exactly what I was thinking. He knew he was leaking, and decided to make it Lace's problem.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

claim on his insurance for the damages and loss of trade maybe?
        We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Quoth Rebel1012 View Post
          claim on his insurance for the damages and loss of trade maybe?
          Ooooh, I like the way you think!!
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

I was wondering why he couldn't be held liable for what was apparently an illegal act that caused the business to lose revenue. And the fire brigade should be pursuing him for the cost of the cleanup.

I can't wait to hear what happens next.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Pass the popcorn this way. I want to know what happens next too.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've seen this film before, I know how it ends, so I won't spoil it for the rest.
                - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                  I've seen this film before, I know how it ends, so I won't spoil it for the rest.
                  Indeed, we all know how it ends. But the subtle variances with each retelling make it ever so entertaining to watch.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I wonder what was really going on with that car...geez.
                    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I can hear it now: "My car was fine when I parked it there! YOU damaged it when you had it towed!"

Sure, sure, buddy...

That's if he even shows up again. Anyone can wear a suit, doesn't mean he's really a businessman - unless thugs are wearing suits now.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        That's if he even shows up again. Anyone can wear a suit, doesn't mean he's really a businessman - unless thugs are wearing suits now.
                        I was in court for Jury Duty this week, trust me, the thugs ARE the ones wearing the suits, everyone else was pretty much casual bordering on skanky.
                        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post

"Can I leave my car here?" he asks me. "It's an emergency; I have an important meeting and there are no car park spaces left."

"That customer you told not to leave his car here, he left his car bang in the middle of the forecourt," she said.
                          Dumb question, but forecourt? So, if I'm picturing this right, he parked his car not in a parking space, and also not blocking gas pumps, but just some random place near the station?

Yeah, lets all start parking wherever we want, that will end well.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                            the thugs ARE the ones wearing the suits
                            Speaking as someone who hails originally from the Kray twins' old stamping ground - the thugs have always worn suits.
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              Dumb question, but forecourt? So, if I'm picturing this right, he parked his car not in a parking space, and also not blocking gas pumps, but just some random place near the station?

Yeah, lets all start parking wherever we want, that will end well.
                              Here in the UK, "forecourt" refers to basically the whole area containing & surrounding the pumps. Most larger stations have at least 4 stands with up to 6 pumps per stand, although 2 (facing opposite sides) is more usual. So if this guy has parked equidistant from all the pumps, he's made himself the centre spot in a 5 point formation - and prevented anyone from approaching the 4 nearest facings, or up to half the available pumps.

I'm thinking the leak was the real emergency, and he knew it. I cannot comprehend the level of entitlement required for any other answer!
                              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

*shares the popcorn*

Still no word on what the asshat's response was to his car being towed? Y'know, I am definitely thinking he knew full well that he was leaking gas all over the place and figured that dumping the car where he did was a grand idea. Afterall, gas stations usually have the means to clean up gas spills, right? Yeah, yeah, I know...I know where I am :P

Comment

Working...
                                X