This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never answer the phone

An outside call came in for furniture yesterday, I had to take it because one of the salesfloor people was on break and the other was with another customer.

"I bought some furniture from you a couple years ago, can you look it up for me?"

I tell the caller if she bought the furniture "a couple years ago," then it's likely been discontinued and we no longer carry it. I offer to look it up if she can read me the UPC off the receipt.

"I threw the receipt away."

I tell the caller there's nothing I can do.

"Well you're not very helpful!"

To be quite honest, neither was she.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

How dare you not remember such an insignificant purchase from so long ago; don't you care about your customers at all!?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I need that red thing that was advertised 10 years ago by <not your store>. You know .. that red thing. Where would I find it??
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

How DARE you leave your psychic helmet at home!

Comment

Similar to the dreaded "hi, I'm wondering if you have this fabric that was on sale last month. It was maybe cotton or polyester, and was like $5 or $10 or maybe cheaper or more expensive. I saw it on Pinterest."
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Or the infamous "I want this book I saw on Oprah. It's blue. What do you mean you don't know the title! It's BLUE!"
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Or "I saw this thing on TV. It was at the other store."
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I used to run an exhibit where we talked to people about garden pest control. "I found a bug on my rose bush. It was black, about this long, and had a bunch of legs."

Comment

Did you tow my car? It's blue, and I parked it somewhere downtown...... well, do you have it or not?
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                    Did you tow my car? It's blue, and I parked it somewhere downtown...... well, do you have it or not?
                    "No. The other guy has it, on the other side of town."
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

"Do you have the one with that guy who was in that movie last year...?" [cookies for reference]

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                        "Do you have the one with that guy who was in that movie last year...?" [cookies for reference]
                        What would you get for a six-year-old boy who chronically wets his bed?

So, do you have any new movies in?
                        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

"I'm calling to pay my friend's/childs/parents bill. Account number? No, don't have that. Address...uh....thirty something Whatsit way. Or is it Whatsit Road? Oh, actually i think it's whatchamacallit street. Is the customer here with me? No, why? Do you really need that stuff?"

Comment

I'm looking for the black sweater I saw in the catalog/online. No I don't know what length sleeves it had, what kind of neckline, etc. You know that black sweater! The one I saw online on the model.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              Yugh, my roommate does that all the time.

Actual quote: "Do you remember that movie from last year starring that guy who was in that movie with that woman who was in the TV show with the guy that played Doctor Who? Not the one now, but the other one."

His brain is like a constant game of Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon. All those connections, not one single proper name.

Comment

Working...
                              X