This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They tore it down and I missed it!

(if this is the wrong spot for posting this, please put it where it fits better...thanks!)

The McDonald's that I worked at thru more than half of the 1990s was torn down earlier this month.

I dreamed of that day for years, and wanted to be there for it. I knew it was going to happen, but wasnt sure of the day, and then one of my health issues decided to make itself known, and wouldnt you know it, the week I'm sitting in an outpatient infusion center getting loaded up on IV steroids, they tear down the McD's.

I'd wanted to be across the street with a video camera to record the momentous occasion and I totally missed it. Darnit!

I think they're going to rebuild the McD's on the same spot...so I might go back there then and actually eat there again for the first time in 15yrs. (the old building's cockroach problem was solved by the mouse problem...the mouse problem was being handled by the rat problem....and the whole back of the store was rotting out when I used to work there. hence the mouse and rat problems...they were getting in thru the rotting walls)

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

A new Taco Bell opened up in my city closer to the interstate. I'm told the old one was pretty much falling apart.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

the last time I was in that McD's, was probably the day I quit. There were live mice climbing the bun racks, a couple of dead ones underneath the drive thru register at the first window in the back of the store.

Mouse poop everywhere, and asshat managers insulting the person (me!) they'd just told HAD to stay an extra 3 hours because they were short. Telling them that I was supposed be off a half hour before, and had things to do that afternoon didnt help...was told that I'd be fired if I left. (then they should have scheduled me to be off at a later time, instead of springing it on me a half hour after I should have been off)

It was after the asshat manager insulted my parentage (made a really nasty and totally inappropriate comment about my father) that I just decided "screw it", tossed my drive thru headset at him and told him "good luck with the evening dinner rush". (it was 2 days before Xmas, and we had been getting a massive crush of people for several days)

and I left. Never to return, except maybe to come in report the asshat for sexual harassment and possibly to return my uniform shirt. (I might not have returned the shirt, because I still have one that I used to dress a Halloween prop...has a big knife wound in the middle of the shirt)

Comment

Just being fair, but fast food is rough on a building. Even the cleanest, shiniest McDonald's will succumb. The grease gets in the WALLS. Combining fast food with neglect will shorten the life of the building, but so far I've watched two neighborhood McDonald's, a Burger King, and a KFC get torn down and rebuilt on the same spot.

One of them maintained continuity of service, providing a rather interesting image for a couple of days of two McDonald's side by side. I would have loved to have a time-lapse of that - one goes up, other comes down. The other one bulldozed before the new one went up, and an empty vacant lot isn't as much fun.

Love, Who?

Comment

Working...
          X