This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do you have to pay for a student parking permit?"

I have been asked a couple of times by customers arriving to visit the campus if students have to pay for a parking permit. I tell them yes, & the customer is shocked.

Sorry, but the university does not give out free student parking permits.

For the customers suck.com members who commuted to college *the university where I work is a commuter school* did you have to pay for your student parking permit or where you given one for free?

I lived on campus and didn't have a car, so didn't need one. But yes, those who did park needed to pay. There was a lot of grumbling, too, since a large portion of one parking lot was closed off for construction. Which also means there's less parking available overall.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

i have to pay for one.
      To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
      my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

I wish we had parking permits. We had booths all around campus the cheapest one was $8 per day. Kind of adds up quickly for a poor student.

Comment

I took the bus to school. And contrary to popular belief, it was NOT short!

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I guess I was lucky - both colleges (state university and a community college) I got my permits for free.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

We have to pay for permits at my Uni on a semester by semester basis.

Taking summer classes sucks because it means having to pay for a permit 3 times in a year instead of 2.

Speaking of permits, when the uni gives you specific information about coming for the summer orientation that includes instructions to get a temp permit from the visitors center, then it is a good idea to do that. I parked in the 3rd spot from the left in the 3rd row of one lot, IE so not very deep in. Out of the 17 cars in that small amount of space that were not mine 12 of them had tickets for not displaying a parking permit.

Comment

I've had to pay (generally nominal amounts) for parking at school. The really fun part is when I start nursing school and switch campuses; the campus is next to all the major hospitals and there is no designated student parking or even a student discount, so parking STARTS at $60/month.

I'll be taking the bus.

Comment

My college sold parking permits for pretty cheap. Permit did NOT guarantee you a spot, it just meant that if you got there early enough and actually snagged a spot, you wouldn't get towed.
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

At first uni, it was not a commuter school at all, so there was very little parking near campus.

At community college I had to pay for parking, as did visitors.

At second uni, I had to pay for parking and depending on what the visitor was there for they either paid or got a pass. Since I am active in the alumni association I go back to campus quite a bit. Most of the events get a pass, but once they said I had to buy a day pass. I said forget that and found street parking instead.

Comment

A parking sticker at school was only about a dollar or two. But, the parking situation really sucked. Most of the lots were rather small...and usually filled up with the resident idiots who would drive from building to building. Not sure why they'd do that...since the campus wasn't all that big
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

My first college there was a fee for the semester, with no assigned parking and more parking passes sold than cars, of course. I lived on campus and walked everywhere, since it was a nice urban area and I was young, healthy, and had way too much free time and energy.

My current college lets you register two vehicles for free, but doesn't guarantee a spot. I generally park at the far end of the commuter lot since I don't have to fight for a space there. It's not hard to find a space for morning or evening classes, but if your first class is midday you're going to have a hard time parking.
                        It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                        X