This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Cause he ain't got...personality! [ding]

Had to clean up a broken jar of pasta sauce at the self-check registers today (one of FOUR spillages I had to deal with), and the old dude who dropped it kept berating me for not having enough "personality" while I cleaned up his fucking mess, just because I wasn't engaging him in light-hearted conversation while doing so. I eventually had a mild snap when I asked him why he was insulting me, and he gave me a mild rant about how I should have been using a mop instead of some cardboard to scoop up the mess (maybe I didn't want shards of broken glass getting into the mop bucket, and from there into the sink...? ) and how I "didn't know what I was doing" because I "obviously haven't been working here long" (try TWENTY YEARS, asshole).

I'm sure I'll get a reprimand from one of my managers tomorrow about the "big complaint" he'll no doubt lodge against me, but I had a lousy day all around (even once I got home, burning my lunchtime frozen pizza ), and I just couldn't take it anymore. Who says you have to engage a customer in conversation? I was pissed off that I was being called away from the cardboard compactor despite the mountain of work I still had to do, and maybe I just wanted to get HIS mess cleaned up so I could get back to it. Fucker...

I hate when customers try to use the schtick on me. You're not funny. You were never funny. Please stop. And sorry about the burnt pizza, that really is the worst.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
      And sorry about the burnt pizza, that really is the worst.
      Really my own damn fault, as I increased the temp a bit hoping to get the cheese in the middle to brown up faster. I was still able to eat most of it, I just had to toss the charcoal crusts.

Comment

What a lousy day. You have my full sympathies.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          What a lousy day. You have my full sympathies.
          Plus, I dropped one of my Hostess cupcakes on the floor on my break, and had to toss it out.

Comment

Damn, dude. o_O May the future make up for it, and soon!
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Would you like me to slash an artery open with the broken glass? Cuz' that'd be a criminal-level display of this "personality" you wanted....

I'm mortified when I spill something at a place of business and always offer to clean it up myself.
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

"Not having enough personality"...WTAF is that supposed to mean? I spose I could tapdance-shuffle the mess around...won't be pretty and might inconvenience you way more, but it'd have all the personality you're looking for

I also use cardboard for gathering spills/glass...nobody can understand why (cardboard is more likely than anything else to be within reach, my goal is to start the cleanup immediately as it can take upwards of five minutes to find the official tools). When a bottle of oil went smashy and nobody could find the "absorbent granules" they were all shocked! when I grabbed an already-damaged box of kosher salt and some scrap cardboard then told someone to go get the cleanup cart (which btw had none of the granules we're supposed to use).
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

"Not having enough personality"...WTAF is that supposed to mean?
                  It means he figured you were wimpy enough for him to get away with bullying you.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                    Had to clean up a broken jar of pasta sauce at the self-check registers today (one of FOUR spillages I had to deal with)
                    Only four? Must've been a slow day.

Comment

Damn, and I thought it was bad when someone tells me to smile. Better yet, then they ask me, "Are you in a bad mood?" Last time that happened, I answered, "I wasn't."
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

One brand (or maybe it's two that are doing it now) switched to plastic jars, and I kinda want that trend to continue...
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          One brand (or maybe it's two that are doing it now) switched to plastic jars, and I kinda want that trend to continue...
                          It baffles me that ANYTHING is sold in glass jars anymore. I was so happy when Snapple started selling drinks in plastic containers.

Comment

Days of 'death by petty annoyances' are not fun.... Jerk sounds lovely.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                              It baffles me that ANYTHING is sold in glass jars anymore. I was so happy when Snapple started selling drinks in plastic containers.
                              Both glass and plastic bottles have plusses and minuses but I wish more stuff was sold in glass and we moved away from plastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X