No announcement yet.

Brandy, the Paranoid Mortgage Customer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember that this is the land of chemical-fueled paranoia and manic states. You just THINK it's an 'empty threat' to pull off the damn roofing. After all, it costs no money to go up there with whatever implements she thinks she can tear crap up with.

Comment

Good point. Hopefully she'll stay in Cheeselandia and not return to damage the house.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
        She had new shingles put on the house. Had it re-roofed. It was an empty threat to tear off the new roof.
        Ah, okay. For a while there I thought had left the house roofless when she skedaddled ...

Hope Buzzard is wrong and she doesn't decide to carry through with that threat.
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

I learned this week that the chair of the board gave Brandy his personal cell phone number. Apparently she was lucid when they spoke. He felt like they had a good rapport. He may soon see how quickly she turns.

Brandy called me on Tuesday asking for info out of her 2018 taxes. I had her taxes, but not the info she was looking for. She needed the EIN for a company she says she started working for in 2018, but there was nothing in her taxes for that company. Knowing how she is, she probably didn't start working for them until 2019.

While we talked, she let me know that she's mailed two payments for her loan. Ok, when and how much? How much was about 2-1/2 months worth of payments. When? Well, that was more complicated. She told me the check went in the mail that morning. In Arizona. Was she living in Arizona? No, but she left the check in her boyfriend's truck, and when he got to Arizona, he found the check and mailed it for her.

No mention of the key she previously said she was going to send us.

Assuming we actually receive this check, she'll still be due for a partial payment for Dec. 1. So she'd be caught up. For a few days, anyway.
          "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
          -Mira Furlan

Comment

Phone

I think the chair of the board is going to find out why you NEVER give out your personal phone number.

Comment

No kidding, what fool uses something other than a burner for this purpose?!
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

So... who's got the betting pool for how long it takes the Chair to change his number because he gave it to a druggie?

Comment

Put me down for two weeks.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

A week, max, if that long.

I've had problem customers from the various jobs that I've had over the last odd number of years, only two managers gave their numbers to one or two of these problem customers. Took them about three or four days before they had to get their number changed because of the amount of calls they received over stupid things. Yea, they learned more than just the "don't give your number out to customers" lesson.
                    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                      A week, max, if that long.

I've had problem customers from the various jobs that I've had over the last odd number of years, only two managers gave their numbers to one or two of these problem customers. Took them about three or four days before they had to get their number changed because of the amount of calls they received over stupid things. Yea, they learned more than just the "don't give your number out to customers" lesson.
                      Reminds me of the rule I learned early on in my years at my old job. NEVER answer the phone after business hours, if for some reason you are still there. It'll be a problem customer with a can of worms that will take four hours, two managers, and half the production dept. to solve (this was at the newspaper).
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

We were expressly required to answer the phone within two rings (both before and after operating hours) back at pizzafranchise. We were, however, allowed to answer with "Thank you for calling DaddyJim's Pizza, I'm sorry, but we're closed." 90% of the time, it was the DM just calling to talk to the SM about something; the rest of the time, they either hung up without a word or talked over us with their order.
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oh, yeah, I know pizza places and other restaurants usually are required to answer the phone after hours, as it might be a manager calling. Happily, in the advertising dept. at the newspaper we were not required to do so, and usually weren't even there, but there was a particular shift for death notices only, with its own phone number that the funeral directors would call in on.

One time another newspaper employee whose family owned a funeral home called in a notice, and heard a phone ringing in the background. She asked my co-worker who was covering death notices that night if she needed to answer that phone, and said CW said nope, it's after hours. The busybody tried to get her in trouble for not taking care of customers.

Note that we were expressly told not to answer the main dept. line after regular business hours. It was past deadline, and calls that came in on that line after hours were always, without exception, someone with a Problem that Needed to be Fixed Right Now! (and it was always something that the person working death notice shift could not actually fix).
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

In a past working life, the departmental "rule" was that nobody answered the phone on a Friday afternoon - even with all the staff in.

It was *ALWAYS* a sales critter that had forgot about some huge RFP (50+ pages) that they had forgotten about and was due by 5.

No answer, no problem.

B
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

The chair hasn't changed his number or blocked Brandy's YET, but I heard that he's been getting texts from her that are just as wacky and unhinged as the things she's said on the phone. We also haven't received that payment, so...
                              -Mira Furlan

Comment

Fun

Quoth Ghel View Post
                                The chair hasn't changed his number or blocked Brandy's YET, but I heard that he's been getting texts from her that are just as wacky and unhinged as the things she's said on the phone. We also haven't received that payment, so...
                                At-least he is seeing the fun of working with her, and can't complain that she is reasonable to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                                X