Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragic news...I don't seem to have any labels left.

Please pray for my hands, and that there is enough ink in my pens for Kit's address.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      But whose rack did EricKei see the Peanuts cards on?

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
      Can I invest in some stock of Smart Glitter (tm)?
      Well...ya see...I have some unfortunate news to report. It seems that the SmartGlitter (tm) has actually gained some measure of sentience and it has determined that our current holding facility is insufficient for its day-to-day needs.

In other words, it...uhm...escaped. It got away. All of it.

So I suppose what I'm trying to say is: You'll get some eventually. No telling when or how, but, sooner or later, you'll all have some whether you like it or not. It is inevITABLE. RESISTANCE IS USELESS. THE RUMORS ABOUT IT INFILTRATING YOUR MINDS ARE ABSURD. DO NOT LISTEN. THROW AWAY YOUR VACUUMS AND OPEN YOUR WINDOWS WIDE. THE GLÏTTERDÄMMERUNG COMES. DO NOT RESIST.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

• Quoth EricKei View Post
        So I suppose what I'm trying to say is: You'll get some eventually. No telling when or how, but, sooner or later, you'll all have some whether you like it or not. It is inevITABLE. RESISTANCE IS USELESS. THE RUMORS ABOUT IT INFILTRATING YOUR MINDS ARE ABSURD. DO NOT LISTEN. THROW AWAY YOUR VACUUMS AND OPEN YOUR WINDOWS WIDE. THE GLÏTTERDÄMMERUNG COMES. DO NOT RESIST.
        All hail our new sparkly masters!

Wait! Won't our Kitty Overlords protect us? If they don't, who will open their cans of cat food and clean their litter boxes?
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Got IPF's card today. Peanuts forever!

Quoth csquared View Post
          Wait! Won't our Kitty Overlords protect us? If they don't, who will open their cans of cat food and clean their litter boxes?
          EVEN THE GLITTERATI BOW DOWN BEFORE THE MIGHTY FELINES. WE SHALL HAVE OUR MEATBAG HOOMON DRONES SERVICE THE GREAT BECLAWED ONES' EVERY WHIM.
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

• Received so far:
            0 from Aethian
            7 from Android Kaeli
            0 from BookstoreEscapee
            0 from csquared
            0 from Dreamstalker
            3 from EricKei
            0 from Ghel
            5 from Ironclad Alibi
            4 from Irving Patrick Freleigh
            0 from Kit-Ginevra
            0 from Kristev
            0 from KuariKaydrith
            0 from Pixelated
            0 from Ree
            0 from Sandman
            0 from smileyeagle1021
            7 from taxguykarl
            26 of 272 (9.6%)

Comment

• Spent my lunch addressing cards and will drop in the mail on my way home (provided the rain lets up a bit; if not, tomorrow).

I had just enough leftovers of three different designs. Kit got one of the biggest ones because there's no way I would have been able to fit his address on the smallest. I can't write that small anymore.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                Kit got one of the biggest ones because that's the way God designed it and he was feeling especially generous that day
                Fixedthatforya
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Sometime between Saturday and today I got cards from EricKei (more glittery Peanuts!) and Ironclad Alibi. (And also my cousin James and my friend Colleen.)

Comment

• I received a glittery Peanuts card from Irving Patrick Freleigh.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Received a card from the Csquard family today, so pretty!
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

• Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                        Received a card from the Csquard family today, so pretty!
                        I've met them... 'so pretty' is not the first adjective that springs to mind
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                          I've met them... 'so pretty' is not the first adjective that springs to mind
                          Far enough for me, but if we ever make it back to the UK, The Wife may "express her disagreement" with you statement. By the way, who is you next of kin?
                          Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                          Save the Ales!
                          Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• cs - I'll bet their address is even longer >_>

Comment

• I sent my cards to all of you this afternoon. I apologize for the delay, let's just say too many things got in the way.

I have gotten cards from EricKei, Ironclad Alibi, Android Kaeli, taxguykarl, & Irving Patrick Freleigh.
                              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Quoth csquared View Post
                                but if we ever make it back to the UK...
                                then we'll know that our rules for keeping out the riff raff have failed drastically

Comment

Working...
                                X