This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It's the doctor's time."

My time is valuable, too. I had an appointment at 2:00 today. I've moved recently so I gave myself extra time to get there. It started snowing unexpectedly before I left. (Everyone is surprised at it.) I drove slower on the freeway than I normally would which put me at the office maybe one or two minutes after. Then there was a line of three people before me to check in. I ended up checking in at 2:07. Would it have been better for me to get there about 5 minutes early? Yes. Did I allow time for that? Yes. Sometimes stuff happens. So the nurse lectured me that I was late. I told her my appointment was at 2:00 and I was there at 2:00 and that's when she told me I should have been there at 1:45. If they want a person there at 1:45 then they should make the appointment for 1:45. Companies do this to their employees, too, and they don't get paid for the 15 minutes. this isn't a matter of me being paid but that 15 minutes is my time. She called it a learning experience. That sounds like she's a teacher and I'm in kindergarten.

On top of it, she asked me if I remembered the last time I'd had a particular test. I answered no absent-mindedly before I remembered that I hadn't had that done. So she looked in my record to find that I hadn't and then corrected me. You know, if she had access to my record why was she even asking me?

It's always this way with her, apparently. I don't want to see any other doctor but I have to go through her.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

And how late was the doctor?
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
    X