This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm the one in a hurry.

I'm at the grocery store in the morning as usual, but they must have switched cashiers because the lines were huge. I go over to the SCO even though my receipt tells me I had 31 items. There is no item limit I don't think. Anyway at the end I had a bunch of coupons and I forgot the to grab one of the coupon items. The attendant points out that the item is super close (I could see it from where I was standing) and invites me to go grab it. There is no line for the SCOs so I do.

I get the item and hear a mom lecturing her maybe 9-10 year old son on not "zig zagging in front of people." A sentiment I thoroughly agree with! She, her son and her teenage daughter slowly make their way down the main aisle. The way they are walking is sort of blocking me. I think they are going past the SCOs and try to dart around them but they make a slow turn and I end up hurrying past them like I'm cutting in front. I say "sorry!" and finish my transaction. There was and open register so they didn't have to wait.

Anyway, it occurred to me that I was doing exactly what she was lecturing her child not to do. Arg! I mean, I'd like to add "don't zig-zag but also don't form a slow moving aisle blockade which turns in unpredictable directions." Or I need to not be in such a hurry.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.
Working...
X