This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since I can't read, I'll be an Arsehole

Quick story from last night. We have video rooms that you can check out, but you have to check out the room and the remotes for the equipment inside them. You can only check them out for two hours. You can see where I'm going with this.

Guy came up to turn in the room key and the remotes and wound up turning them in late. He had a fine of $8, $4 for each. He went off on the night supervisor about how it's not written anywhere and he didn't think he had to go to the website to check our policies. Guess he didn't read the receipt that says when it's due, the back of the key has that the room is due back in 2 hrs, and the circulation people will at least say that it's due back in 2 hrs if not tell exactly what time they're due back.

The SC just threw money at the sup and walked out and called him an asshole on the way out.

Me and another work walked out with the sup to track down the kid. I went just to make sure the sup didn't kill the kid. The kid was still ranting and raving even when he finally left.

And I thought it was required that you knew how to read when you got to college.

Another little loss of faith in humanity.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Humanity sucks and deserves to be driven from the face of the planet.

Individuals are cool.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I had a couple people think that the 'fine print' on a receipt was just for show.

Yeah ok. I hate when I can name a few 5-6 year old kids who are more well behaved then some of these people.

and they can READ!!

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
        And I thought it was required that you knew how to read when you got to college.
        Heck at my college, it seems that it's not even a requirement to understand spoken English, much less read it.
        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I've seen 10 year olds act better than that SC and that can read!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Good on your boss for not backing down. Alot of bosses would have turtled-up and gave in to the SC, just to get rid of 'em.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              Heck at my college, it seems that it's not even a requirement to understand spoken English, much less read it.

Being able to add and subtract as well as write numbers isn't a requirement either. Thanks to a freak suprise attack of fractions on my math assesment for college I'm in a class where people don't understand these basic things. I hope the teacher doesn't mind that I worked 4 chapters ahead.... >.>. Good game for me on the other end, as I have to finish this class, retake the assesment, and hopefully be placed in a higher math than the next remedial class. Considering I have three-four semesters of calculus and physics ahead of me, I hope I'm a fast learner >.-
              Girls do not exist on the intarweb.

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
                nothing at all to do with the story but uh.... no actiually its not. In fact that was a whole big to do some years ago people getting into college and even making it through to college and being totally illeterate........ jocks and not so jocks alike...

Comment

Dude, people are that stupid and worse. Read all the new posts at this site for a week and you'll see that.

Or if you're still in high school (public at least), just look around. I remember these gems:

"Who was Joan of Arc?"
                  "Uh........Noah's wife!"

"Where is Paris?"
                  "Like, I think she's in Hollywood, right?"

"What was the Civil War about?"
                  "A guy named Civil was in slavery, and some people said he shouldn't have to be."

---If you want more, my old Aca-Deca teacher keeps a running list of the absolute stupidest test responses he gets each year. Hilarious and sad both.

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
                    Dude, people are that stupid and worse. Read all the new posts at this site for a week and you'll see that.
                    heh, the other night on a comedy/panel game show they had a segment called "Are You Stupider than a Fifth Grader?" The questions were multiple choice with all wrong answers, the challenge was to pick the answer somebody gave on an actual, serious game show. Here are a few, I've bolded the "right" answers.

How long did the 6 day war last?
                    a) 100 years
                    b) 14 days
                    c) 3000 miles

What was Ghandi's first name?
                    a) Andy
                    b) Jesus
                    c) Goosey Goosey

Johnny Weismuller found fame playing which single-named, loincloth-wearing, jungle-dwelling character?
                    a) Elvis
                    b) Madonna
                    c) Jesus

Comment

Working...
                    X