Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there's a limit to just how raw I can cook the food since otherwise if the person got ill through it, I'd probably end up getting done for negligence, loose my food hygiene certificates (covers quite a lot of time having to study, learn and also a lot of money to pay for them, since you need to renew it once every few years)) and without them, I wouldn't legally be able to hold a cooking job until I retook them.

Like I said, I'll cook it as rare as I legally and morally can, but I'm not going to give someone something that I think is unsafe just on the off chance that it might be alright to eat.
    I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

As tollbaby said, with steak the bacteria is on the surface and will be cooked away with a quick searing.

However, meat that has been ground or cubed or tenderized will have the bacteria worked throughout the meat. This is why hamburger should be cooked until done, no matter how much you like it rare. Many restaurants will no longer serve hamburgers less than medium well done because of this.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I can - occasionally - handle a very thin layer of pink in the middle, but I like my meat done throughout.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Okay, I'm going to distub a lot of people on the boards with this statement, I guess, but here it goes.

I like my meat well done.

Really well done. I often tell the waitress "I want my steak well done. Beyond well done. Charred. Burnt to a crisp, if possible."

You people may hate me for it, but I had to admit it.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I used to be a butcher. I always got the scrappy bits that needed cooking well. I cannot face anything with pink in it - no sirree.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              Okay, I'm going to distub a lot of people on the boards with this statement, I guess, but here it goes.

I like my meat well done.

Really well done. I often tell the waitress "I want my steak well done. Beyond well done. Charred. Burnt to a crisp, if possible."

You people may hate me for it, but I had to admit it.
              My lady and her mother are like that. Like I said, I like mine done. Charcoal's going a little too far, though.

So when I cook, I cook to my taste, and if my lady wants it burnt, she can burn it herself.
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Mmmmm, Bessie

My BF used to joke that if the chef just kind of waved the steak at the grill, that was good enough. Yes, he likes his steaks just this side of legal. B once poked BF's steak with a fork & mooed, then commented, "You know, I think a good vet could save that cow."

I like mine medium. Our friend JJ1 likes his the approximate texture of shoe leather, so well-done it's charred. They have fun griping about the other's preferences.
                Last edited by TryNotToBeThatOne; 02-14-2008, 03:33 PM. Reason: clarification
                I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Working...
                X