Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sit in on the developers' meetings here because they sometimes need some input on how our customers use the program.

We were hashing out a new feature and trying to figure out the various ways customers could fark things up misusing it.

Someone kiddingly proposed putting up a useless error message. "[Program] is going to crash momentarily. Please don't do that again."

The only button would be "OK."

Another person proposed we put a "Why?" button as well. When they click the "Why" button the appropriate page from the user's manual would appear on the screen with a polite suggestion they read it.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Keyboard failure: Press F1 to continue.

I love it!
      SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
      SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        Keyboard failure: Press F1 to continue.

I love it!
        There's a good reason for this one, actually.

The failure detected is the lack of any keyboard detected. If you connect a keyboard and give the computer a valid F1 signal from it, the computer knows the failure status is now false, and to continue with the boot.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
        X