Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof that the people at the top aren't completely oblivious.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof that the people at the top aren't completely oblivious.

The CEO of my company writes a blog on the company intranet site, and employees can respond with comments and questions, and he actually answers them all. This week's "topic" was just a call for people to ask whatever questions they want about whatever they want. There are questions ranging from questions about business practices and plans, to "how's your daughter?" and "why did you become a vegetarian?" (His daughter has Down Syndrome and has also been sick. She has been featured in his blog before.) There are 36 pages of questions and answers (they closed the thread at that point). I'm up to page 18.

One person posted, noting that their store is a mall anchor store, and therefore has two entrances and two sets of cashwraps. As a result, they tend to get increased traffic at the customer service desk in the center of the store from people who are wanting to pay. The question posed was would it be possible to get signs with arrows pointing people in the right direction. His short, to-the-point answer?

"People don't read the signs we already have."

Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 02-15-2008, 10:41 PM. Reason: correcting quote
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I wish our CEO would do that. The lat time we heard from ours was last year when he stent out a e-mail to all the stores thanking us for driving to work in two feet of snow, to help the customers who were shopping. Problem was our store only had about 100 transactions, mostly employees buying stuff or plow drivers buying a few snacks or coffee.

Comment

I'm just as shocked as you are. That proves the CEO was promoted from within or at least had retail experience, instead of being tapped from some other industry.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Holy CRAP that CEO sounds cool! I mean, seriously: He is computer literate enough to use the inter-whatsit to post a blog, actually LISTENS to employees and answers questions, and actually seems to be more down to earth then the up-in-the-clouds types I always work for...

Maybe they need a tech to work on the company's intranet? I need a work address right away!
        ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

He's worked in the company his entire career. Started out in his brother's store as a teenager (his brother is the founder and chairman of the company).
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X