X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers!!

Hey, all you hardware techies!

I got a question for ya.

My lovely Compaq Presario SR1130NX does not have any Vista drivers listed on the Compaq/HP website. So, I'm assuming if I want everything to work correctly (hearing people on Vent!!!), I need to get actual drivers for my system.

Now, as the regulars of this forum know, I am a software tech. I don't like hardware. Drivers, yes, are software, but they make the hardware work, so they're lumped under hardware. So, I don't know safe places to track down the various (sound) drivers I need to make my baby work again!!!

Help?
    SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
    SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Well, it really depends on the devices. Vista does come with quite a few "generic" drivers that may work perfectly fine.

Assuming you haven't installed Vista yet. When you go into device manager, check and see if there is any device that has drivers not from microsoft...I'll be surprise if you find any. If all of them are from microsoft, that means it is using default drivers from the window disc.

Otherwise, you need to find out exactly what sound card, network card, etc.... that don't work properly under Vista generic drivers. Armed with that knowledge we can find the drivers that may work.
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

CNet has drivers. Don't know if you like them (I don't) - http://www.download.com/Device-Drive...-2014_4-0.html

SIW can identify your hardware and you may be able to go direct to your mobo/soundcard manufacturer to driver-up. http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

And last but not least, there's always usb sound devices. I used one so that I could have vent in my headset and game sound on my regular speakers, worked great.
      Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
        And last but not least, there's always usb sound devices. I used one so that I could have vent in my headset and game sound on my regular speakers, worked great.
        Hum.... :: strokes imaginary beard :: I do get paid this week.

Comment

Have you tried removing the device from device manager and then rebooting. Sometimes during install older devices get put on "ignore/incomplete" without asking you. Maybe you'll get lucky when it reinstalls the device that it'll install correctly.
          I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

several times. Now that I have the drivers from realtek, I might try again.

Comment

Working...
            X