This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 WTF's

I work in a rectal haberdashery. I deal with asshats every day, of both the customer and coworker variety.

WTF #1

Was putting away some stock in HBA when I encounter this ass-sombrero:

SC: (whistles at me) Hey! You there, guy! Where's the body wash you got on sale?

Strike 1: I prefer to be addressed by something other than "hey, you there." An "excuse me" is always appreciated. You could just start with your question if you want too. But let's put that aside and focus on the bigger offense--you whistled at me like a dog, which I despise, even though I was two feet in front of your face.

Me: Would you happen to know the brand name of the body wash you're looking for?
    SC: I dunno, some cherry blossom shit or something like that. It's 4 for $5. I saw it in the paper.

Strike 2: Already with the curse words, and I haven't even started to piss you off yet. I will admit I'm no angel when it comes to slipping curse words into casual conversation, but I at least make sure to curb the potty talk when I'm trying to transact business or when I'm out in public.

Me: I can go run up front and get the ad for you to see which kind you want. Is that okay?
    SC: Fuck it. I ain't got all day. (stomps off)

Strike 3: I offer to help you find the specific product you're looking for, and you suddenly decide you're in a hurry and cuss at me some more.

Strike 4: You went to the wrong store. I looked at our ad and we don't have any body wash on sale at 4 bottles for $5. You made a complete slobbering idiot of yourself and you didn't even do it at the right store.

You, my good sir, are so much more than out. Here is your complimentary GTFO.

WTF #2

One sale we are running, however, is buy 2 Fisher Price toys at regular price and get a third free. This particular anal bum cover had a Smart Cycle ($99.99) in her cart along with some other Fisher Price toy.

SC: So, if I get three Fisher Price toys, which one will I get free?
    Me: You would get the cheapest one for free.
    SC: (cat butt face) Geez! What a rip off! (Stomps off to remove the Smart Cycle from her cart, which I later found shoved in the Hot Wheels/Nerf aisle)
    Me: Sorry. I don't make the rules on the sales

Errm....I'm not aware of any BOGO sale where you got charged for the cheaper item and got the more expensive one for free. Here is your complimentary senseless beating with the clue-by-four. And next time put your unwanted items back where you found them.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    This particular anal bum cover had a Smart Cycle ($99.99) in her cart along with some other Fisher Price toy.
    That's An Album Cover....An ALBUM Cover, not "Anal Bum Cover!!!"

SC: (cat butt face) Geez! What a rip off! (Stomps off to remove the Smart Cycle from her cart, which I later found shoved in the Hot Wheels/Nerf aisle)
    Welcome to the real world, dumbass. "Get the third of equal or lesser value free." That's the way it works EVERYWHERE, ALWAYS. The state I'm in right now (dangerously close to burnout), I'd have lost it if someone did that in my store.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

yeah... i thought it was common sense... but then again common sense is usually not very common

Comment

SC: (cat butt face) Geez! What a rip off!
        Every. Frickin. Time. I used to work in a DVD/CD store and we would run a "buy 2 get the 3rd free" or similar add every few weeks. EVERY TIME we ran this special, I would have a handful of people each shift tell me they were getting the most expensive one free. Few asked, mind you, I was mostly TOLD which one to make free. I would politely and apologetically explain the special didn't work that way whilst I was internally condemning them to the firey pits of retail hell. This was when I was still an innocent retail drone and was still surprised by such antics. Grr.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I work in a rectal haberdashery
          And I thought the "dog bordello" was brilliant...once again, Irv, you rawwwwk.
          Not all who wander are lost.

Comment

I spent five years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover! Failing to do so is my greatest regret.

Comment

SC: I dunno, some cherry blossom shit or something like that. It's 4 for $5. I saw it in the paper.
              Sadly, I know exactly what this guy wanted. The stuff smells pretty bad. Wish your SC had bought it.
              Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

ASS SOMBRERO?

Comment

ass somberos dont make good hats....

Comment

Quoth Arucard View Post
                    I spent five years of my life trying to invent an anal bum cover! Failing to do so is my greatest regret.

Psst... it's already been done... they're called pants
                    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

They even come in pink camo! See Gravekeeper for pants ordering goodness.
                      If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Here is your complimentary senseless beating with the clue-by-four.
                        Please, oh please, oh PLEASE, tell me where I can buy a clue-by-four! It would come in soooooo handy.

Clue-by-four = awesome

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                          How about a fecal fedora?
                          "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

it doesn't keep them from wearing them anyway...

why is it that people cannot use that lump of fat in their skull? we're supposed to be the highest order of creature on the planet, and yet...
                            look! it's ghengis khan!
                            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                              it doesn't keep them from wearing them anyway...

why is it that people cannot use that lump of fat in their skull? we're supposed to be the highest order of creature on the planet, and yet...
                              We stopped letting our idiots take themselves out and they keep breeding. Now if I could just find that youtube video.

Comment

Working...
                              X