Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"First star to the left, and straight on till morn." he chuckles.
    Last edited by Mytical; 06-12-2012, 03:25 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

((office area then warehouse, he'd barely be able to see it through the blinds))

A rather portly, older looking gentleman is sitting at could barely be described as a computer glances up as Samara walks in, "You're late..."

his smooth voice holds both humor, and admonition.

"Had to bring the newbie in from the airport last night, and I had to get my dress from the cleaners. can't help that they can get goo out of silk...they've had plenty of experience,"

She turns to Ted smiling again at his look of utter shock, "Welcome to Warehouse 13, this is Artie our malevalent leader. Have a look around, just don't touch much...cookie?"

she picks up what looks like a rather elborate golden urn covered in gems and offers him what apear to be chocolate chip cookies, one already in her mouth and the urn itself almost completely full.
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"Sure." he takes a cookie. "As for touching anything, I will wait until I know what I am touching first." He laughs. "My curiosity is tempered by the archeologist in me patience. Can't go with a jackhammer when a brush is more useful."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"oh office stuff is mostly harmless, there are desks under here somewhere..."

She grins as she takes a few more cookies, then walks over to a shelf picking up another file folder, a small metal box, and what appears to be a gun that looks more like a ray gun to him.

"oh good its fully charged. Artie we're heading out, I'll call you on the farnsworth if something comes, and I even promise to bring the newbie back in one piece."
          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"I don't promise to come back in one piece though. Nobody wants to see me in a one piece." he chuckles and follows.

Comment

"oh Artie....we'll have to get him some creditentals when we get back...I can only vouch for him for so long."

Samara leads him back out, "sorry if this seems rushed, but we weren't expecting you last night till Ms Fredricks said to expect you. I'll give you a tour of the warehouse when we get back. oh and no worries we're not looking for a calander. here is your weapon, don't worry it can't kill anyone, just think of it as a giant long range stun gun."

She hands him the box that contained the ray gun looking thing, while she pulls out a glock checking it carefully, then sliding it into a holster at the small of her back. Today she is dressed in well worn jeans, and a violet blouse.

"I'm gonna make you a promise Ted, I will never intentionally withhold information from you, we're effectively partners right now, secerts are to be left back at the school you just came from."

Comment

"Same here. I take it this is a learn as you go type thing? Ah well..beats the humdrum of academia. Lets go."

Comment

A rather short plane ride and a rental car later finds them infront of a rather bland hotel room. she checks in then drives the car around to their room, she handing him a key to a room next to hers.

"you're my brother if anyone asks, we're here visiting some out of town family. I was gonna look around the museum before the gala tonight...you wanna take a nap, explore, or come with me?"

Comment

"A chance to see a museum? Wouldn't miss it for the world lil sis." he chuckles.

Comment

"unpack then, I don't wanna see a single wrinkle in that tux tonight."

she grins and unlocks her room carrying a backpack, and her own garment bag.

about 15 minutes later she knocks on his door then walks out to the car.

Comment

He has changed into one of his normal professor outfits, figuring it would fit in. He joins her in the car. "I think I am going to like this .. job. Once I figure out what it actually entails. The best way to learn something is first hand, just don't let any of my colleagues know I said that."

Comment

"I can promise you only the paperwork is dull, though yearly inventory of the warehouse gets boring...I mean I can only have so many ferrets!"

She hasn't changed into anything different though she did clean up a little.

"we'll do a brief walk through of the museum, if we spot anything artifacty we'll snag and bag it, and be home in time for dinner....otherwise you get to wear a monkey suit tonight!"

Comment

He shrugs. "Believe it or not, in my years of academia I've worn enough monkey suits that I probably should be flinging my own poo." He chuckles.

Comment

10 minutes later they pull into a parking lot of the museum, Samarah getting out pulling a rather large handbag out of the trunk looking inside briefly before tossing the keys in it.

"lunch after this dear brother, breakfast seems to of been ages ago."

she lighty grips his arm in an almost hug then walks into the place.

Comment

He follows her, hiding a smile. One thing about this new job..it was a million miles away from boring. This was going to be an interesting night.

Comment

Working...
                                X