Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PETA is all over using women as props. A lot of women's interest groups actually have some serious beef with their campaigns.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In regards to distracting drivers aren't there countries where the hulahoop is banned?
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        PETA . . . using women as props. . . . women's interest groups actually have some serious beef with their campaigns.
        (emp. added.)

<Insert pun moan here.>

My favorites among the 'public shaming' scenarios are the parents who close down their wayward kids' Facebook --- with a final message explaining why. Could easily be misused, but the ones I've seen so far seem appropriate and are generally hilarious.

Comment

Used to be a guy who would stand around outside of a police station here with a big sign about
          "police corruption." I never did find out what his exact issue was. Nobody paid any attention to him. Haven't seen him for ages now.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It just seems to be like a strange place to have a sign like that.

I live around the corner from a Planned Parenthood, so I always see protesters outside of the building. Seeing someone with that sign there would make sense. But not some random street corner.

Edit: Not that I agree that she should have to feel shame for it, but at least the location had a connection.

Comment

Regarding the PETA women, most public indecency laws state that the body parts in question must be covered. It doesn't say they must be clothed...merely covered. So you could wear a table cloth, a towel, or hold a sign over your boobies.

Again, this is most, not all. Obviously some are more liberal than others, and likewise, some are far more draconian.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
                The other day we had PETA members, both girls, standing downtown in bikini bottoms and holding signs over their bare breasts!! Talk about getting attention, it was on the news and in the paper AND people were driving by taking pictures!! I found it to be funny! but suprised they did not get arrested for public nudity. I wonder if the "public nudity" law does not count if they hold signs in front of the "nude" part. I guess it is an inventive way to get attention for your cause.
                My husband mentioned that he saw that and the women were surrounded by guys taking pictures - hope they like being on YouTube.
                Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Working...
                X