This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally a few more answers.

As some of you know, I have a few medical issues..and sometimes answers are hard to come by. Either nobody wants to take the time to explain, or they just don't know. Not knowing is a horrible feeling, like constantly waiting for that axe to fall...

Yesterday I was sitting in the physical therapist office, and met one of the best therapists in the world..and not just for my physical problems. Let me back up a little to explain. Ever since I have been out of the ICU, my legs have been weak and in pain. Now the pain I knew pretty much where it was coming from..diabetic neuropathy (spelling). The weakness was somewhat from Cirrhosis, but it just didn't explain how weak my legs were. Nobody seemed to have any answers, or if they did..they sure was not sharing them with me.

As we were doing my assessment (this was my first physical therapy session, and I had to fight, claw, and beg to get this one) this doctor finally explained what was going on. The neuropathy was interfering with the signals to SOME of the muscles, causing them to be pretty much useless..and putting strain on the muscles that were responding. This was why they would buckle without explanation, get tired easy, and sometimes not respond at all (on bad days the signal just was not getting to any of my muscles through the neuropathy). The bad news is, I may be stuck with this the rest of my life. It may get worse, it may get better, but chances are it will never ever go away. Despite hearing that, at least I had ANSWERS. At least I know it is not all in my head. At least somebody had taken the time to sit and explain it to me.

This could easily be in sickbay or praise..because that therapist helped more then the physical aspect..they helped my mental aspect. Because thinking you are crazy, or imagining pain, or whatever..is a horrible horrible feeling.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Grats, that should help with the frustration of not being able to do simple stuff that everybody else seems to be able to do!
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

It's always easier to deal with things when you know what's going on. Then you can stop speculating and deal with reality. Even if it's not great news.
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Answers are always good. Even when they hurt.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm glad you have answers for what is going on with you. I know how not having answers about your ailments is.

Comment

Well things have progressed, the wrong way. Going from cane to rollator..and not even sure that will help a lot. It is getting harder and harder to stand. I can walk ok (though I get tired easy), but standing causes a great deal of pain. I fear getting to where I can no longer stand at all, scares me to death. I am use to just powering through things, but the last few days when I need to stand I HAVE to have help. I just can not do it on my own, regardless of how much effort I put forth.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Mytical, I'm sorry your body's continuing to betray you.

Wondering, would leg braces help with the standing? Or are you already using those?
              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Hmm no they are moving me from a cane to the rollator..I will ask about the braces. I really don't want to get to where I am in a wheelchair..though it looks like that is where I am headed.

Comment

Well, if that does turn out to be the case, honey, then we'll spray the wheelchair black and silver and fit scythes to the wheels
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                    Well, if that does turn out to be the case, honey, then we'll spray the wheelchair black and silver and fit scythes to the wheels
                    ...If I ever break my leg, I know who I'm coming to talk to.
                    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Like I told him, Seraph, if he's going to have a chariot then it's going to be a serious chariot.

(He wants flames painted on the sides too. Hell yeah!)
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Just wait till I figure out where to put a chrome skull with ruby eyes on the front. *laughs*

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Just wait till I figure out where to put a chrome skull with ruby eyes on the front. *laughs*
                          Safety helmet?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Nah..thinking maybe on the hand rests.

Comment

Human skull, or something more like a bitchin' dragon?

Comment

Working...
                              X