This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising Fail....

So there's an electronics store down here called Dick Smith Electronics. For the record, it was founded by a guy named Dick Smith and was sold to another company sometime in the 80's IIRC.

Recently, they've started a new advertising campaign which usually ends with "Dick does". Example: "Who does a catalogue that you actually want to read? Dick does."

I open up my email today from them and the tagline that greets me is:

"Who joins the dots between your bits? Dick Does."

My brain just sank into the gutter wayyyyy too fast.

Any other advertising fails?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Oh, that's not a fail at all.

They started up the "Dick does" campaign just hoping to throw out some moderately suggestive lines into the general populace with the ability to claim innocence because the company name just happens to be also a euphemism.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

How about this one?:

http://www.epicfail.com/tag/nobody-beats-our-meat/
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'll just stick with this one from my hometown. Not so much an advertising fail as a poor choice of business name...
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

When I was a kid there was a radio ad for ice cream cones:
          Little girl: "Hello Hi-Cone!"
          Hi-Cone: "Hello little girl - eat me! eat me!"
          at the time I thought it was Hi-lar-i-ous.

Comment

I always liked this one:

http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pi...45_trailer.jpg

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
              When I was a kid there was a radio ad for ice cream cones:
              Little girl: "Hello Hi-Cone!"
              Hi-Cone: "Hello little girl - eat me! eat me!"
              at the time I thought it was Hi-lar-i-ous.
              I just thought of another one along those lines. You may need to use your imagination for this one.

Basically, it's a female voice and it's for a brand of honey here in Australia. The song has that samba feel to it:

"Squeeze me honey honey squeeze me,
              Squeeze me honey honey squeeze me,
              Squeeze a little, or squeeze a lot,
              Ca-pil-a-no (doo doo), DON'T STOP!" (da da da)

The words "Don't Stop" just sound SO much like the woman is having an orgasm

This wound up playing on the radio, TV and over the PA system at my former place of employment. I cracked up after I realised what it sounds like!
              Last edited by fireheart; 09-26-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

This one, right here.

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

There used to be a motorcycle seller here in Cincinnati, and when he did TV ads, they always ended with the owner saying "Put something exciting between your legs!"

Comment

There used to be a cleaners here with a sign in the window: DROP YOUR PANTS HERE! For fast service!

I don't have the pic on this computer, but there was a restaurant somewhere that was called "Big Dicks Halfway Inn"
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

LOL. My grandpa's name was Dick Smith - bit the same one, mine ran restaurants. :-). I can still remember realizing that "Dick" was a nickname, and that my great grandma wasn't a cruel woman.

Comment

Another one from Dick Smith, in today's email:

"Dick's one-hour quicky"

Comment

web site address seen on a truck today: uassinc
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Saw this one a few weeks ago in Key West. This is the back of a bus. Apparently this is a tour company, and the driver told me with a straight face that it was the last name of the company's owner, and it was pronounced "La Murrs." I just laughed, and of course I had to take pictures.
                            Attached Files

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

A quick check, and Lamers is a place-based surname, and still rather uncommon despite being used for two different places in England.

And it is, indeed, the last name of the owners, so I hope that they're taking advantage of the pop meaning for amusing advertising.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X