Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have enough painkillers to open my own drugstore, due to having had knee surgery last year, and the endometrial ablation the year before that. I didn't use any of the painkillers - there was pain, yes, and I didn't like it, but it wasn't unbearable.

Unbearable was having cramps that made me throw up. The thighs in my muscles tensing up so that it felt as it they had petrified. The way the uterine cramps caused pain throughout my abdomen.

Oh, am I looking forward to six months from now, when it's all done!

Comment

If you will have help at home, GREAT. If not (and maybe even if you will), set up as much as possible beforehand - put stuff you know you'll need at a convenient height so you won't have to bend or stretch to reach it, cook a bunch of meals and freeze them in convenient portion sizes (or buy a bunch of microwave dinners), that sort of thing. Stock up on delivery menus.

Comment

My mom had a hysterectomy vaginally. The recovery time was really quick but she was still in the hospital a good amount of time.

Comment

I had mine done in 2004. It was done LAVH which was vaginal. Mine was just an overnight stay in hospital. You can get some really good info here... http://www.hystersisters.com . It has a forum you can join for free and interact with others at all stages of recovery. I got a lot of good info there. They also have good articles on what to expect along the way. Good luck!

Comment

Quoth Dizazter View Post
            I had mine done in 2004. It was done LAVH which was vaginal. Mine was just an overnight stay in hospital. You can get some really good info here... http://www.hystersisters.com . It has a forum you can join for free and interact with others at all stages of recovery. I got a lot of good info there. They also have good articles on what to expect along the way. Good luck!
            I joined that same group shortly after my surgery. I think I was drawn in because I experienced some unexpected depression (normal, but I wasn't prepared). After a short time, I was good to go. Best thing I ever did!!

Comment

My mom had an abdominal hysterectomy back in 2001, she had to stay in hospital a couple of days but didn't have any side effects since (well, that's what she says).

The Phunny Pharm I once worked at were one of the leading hospitals when it came to laporiscopal hysterectomies, and it took 1 day for surgery, one day for recover and then some outpatient care.
              Last edited by NorthernZel; 09-28-2016, 11:33 PM.
              A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
              X