This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it take a genius to make a 90 degree lineup

So I'm at my local amusement park today, as I was for many days this summer. The management there refuses to adequately staff the concession stands (but that's another rant), so the result is some very long lines at them. These morons form one straight line that completely blocks all laneways. Now you've got a laneway that everyone else can't get through, and you've got a traffic jam. And with the stupidity of people today, this turns into an impossible situation.

All these idiots have to do is look, see that they are going to block a laneway, and think, hmmm maybe I'll line up beside this person rather than behind them and the problem is at least minimized.

But no, that requires thinking, along with caring. Qualities that nobody exhibits nowadays.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

A mob is only as smart as its dumbest member.
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

A person is smart; people are dumb...and you know it!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        A person is smart; people are dumb...and you know it!
        Best scene in that entire movie, or at least the most accurate.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's not unusual for me to be passing through the terminal of Wherever City International as have to swerve around a crowd of passengers who have all stood up and began to form a nebulous blob around the end of the cue line before the passengers on the plane have had a chance to unload. This isn't so bad when it's ~80 people hopping an RJ, but may the local deity help if there's a Boeing 777 just pulled up to the gate. The glob of 250+ people waiting to be able to start the boarding line often clogs the terminal and the 250+ folks deplaning have to surge through this crowd and their carry-ons. Watching the spectacle, one might be reminded of two Iron Age armies clashing on the field. Worse, as aisles are called for boarding, the crowd seems to ooze slowly towards the cue in spite of calls by the gate officers to step back, and please be seated to wait for your section to be called.

C'mon, folks, this isn't Space Mountain or the local IMAX. Your seat on the ticket is the seat. You aren't going to miss out if you wait patiently in a gate chair instead of herding about like cows waiting for the farmer to pour out the sweet feed. "But what about making sure I have room for my carry-on?" Please, if you have a problem finding room for your carry-on in the overhead someplace, then it's probably checking size. It might not be right over your seat, but it'll be going with you. I've had to deadhead before where my carry-on rode first class and I didn't.
          O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Comment

Working...
          X