Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A safe guess, Dray. Either that or a bunch of good online reviews.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Draykoja View Post
      Kinda sounds like you had a convention or a seminar nearby. Especially if you were seeing the same faces over several days. Glad to see you posting again!
      I don't think so. We've looked everywhere to see if we can find out what happened, and there have been no local events. It just seems like all the customers had the idea to come to ours for lunch...at the same time

Comment

Oh man I'm sorry that my insane lunch rushes hit across the pond also. This time of year is normally my quiet time of year as the college kids have packed up to spend the holidays at home and most of the snowbirds have flown south. Nope. For the past three weeks Monday-Friday we've been dreading the noon rush. Weekends haven't been so bad...they've been slow compared to the week. I'm slightly afraid to go to work tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          SC: Why have you made it so busy??
          You want it to be less busy? Ok SC, get out. There, now it's less busy!
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Aragarthiel View Post
            That's what I was thinking. Why go back if the service was so bad the day before?
            Because there are people who love to complain about things, and they love that more than anything else.

A place that's super-busy? OhboyohboyohBOY!

They can complain about the wait for a table!

They can complain about how crowded it is!

They can complain about how long it's taking for drinks, appetizers, the food, refills, napkins, fill in the blank to get here!

They can complain about how the pub doesn't carry a full menu of Vegan Cajun-Korean Fusion cuisine!

The kind of people who go to a mass-market pizza joint, and pitch a fit because they don't offer a prime rib special on Saturday night. (For reals! That guy was a scream!)

Some people are just naturally miserable bastards, and you'll never get rid of the, no matter how many condoms you sell.

It's nothing personal, they're like that all the time. Enjoy the show, and be grateful you don't have to live like that.
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Maybe it's time for your place to raise their prices if it's always jam packed at lunch like that.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
                Some people are just naturally miserable bastards, and you'll never get rid of the, no matter how many condoms you sell.
                Forced mandatory vasectomies for the miserable bastards.

Just saying.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I see this all of the time... where I live, there are pretty much two things to do: Go out to dinner, and drink. Seriously, that's it. This town is boring, but we literally have over 150 restaurants for 35,000 people.

Every weekend night (and many weeknights), every restaurant in town is packed. If you've lived here more than a week, you know this. Yet, without fail, every time I go to a restaurant, there are people bitching about the wait.

"WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 45 MINUTES?!?!?!?" I don't know, lady...maybe it has something to do with the fact that you showed up to one of the most popular restaurants in town on a Friday night? Look at the other 30 people also waiting for a table...there are at least 3 or 4 parties of 5-8...it may just be a moment before you can shovel food into your face.
                  "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
                  -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Quoth icmedia View Post
                    "WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT 45 MINUTES?!?!?!?" I don't know, lady...maybe it has something to do with the fact that you showed up to one of the most popular restaurants in town on a Friday night?
                    I was talking to a guy at school who works as a server and he said that in one night two cooks quit. They normally run with four, so they were down by half. When people complained about the wait he told them about the lack of cooks. People were like "...so?" It makes as much sense as the people who complain when they are in a sports restaurant on game day because it's too loud.
                    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

People think magical fairies cook their food. Must be related to the fairies who clean rooms at hotels.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Are those the fairies who materialize goodies in the magical back room?
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                        X