X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy or insane

You decide!
    So this comes from my delivery job. They expect me to zip around in the old beat up van they gave me like it's a Ferrari or something. Not happening. When will they learn? Not a Ferrari!!!!
    So I was making a delivery to someone's door when not one but multiple dogs come suddenly running up to me barking and growling and snapping. Latge dogs and I ran back into the van like no ones business.
    We have to call the customer if we can't make a delivery so I leave a message and a few minutes later she calls back and is furious that I wouldn't leave her delivery on her door. Hello? Did u miss the part about about your crazy dogs? Turns out she's just as crazy as them! And as vicious!
    In a very unnecessarily not nice tone, she huffs about why I couldn't just give my arm to them and how friendly they are. Meanwhile they're growling and barking and snapping at my door! "They do NOT do THATTTT" she snaps. Finally, I drove away and she promised to give my boss an earful, which she did obviously.
    I told him about the territorial aggressive dogs and he gave a single tense nod and didn't say anything, but later he said that it just wouldn't work out. This happened last week btw. I'm not sorry, though. I would rather be out of a job than ripped to pieces by cujo and his rabid pals. But that lady!
    So you decide: crazy or insane?
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

I vote for stupid. Sorry about the job but it's not worth getting chomped by dogs (or by crazy customers).
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I vote for entitled and stupid. She's like one of those oblivious parents. "My kid would NEVER do that" only with dogs. Of course if one her dogs ever bites someone, she's going to be one of those "It couldn't be MY dog. MY dog is a sweet angel. She would NEVER bite anyone"

Comment

I'm going to go with entitled and oblivious (with a dash of crazy, to justify her acting like her dogs). Oblivious because she seems like one of those people who just can't see that their dog doesn't like other people just because it actually treats her like one of the pack.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

"Wow, your dogs don't do that? Then we'd better call animal control, because you have a couple of wild animals loose in your yard that need to be taken care of. I'll just record a few minutes with my camera phone here, and then I'll pop the footage up on YouTube, and you can open the video and tell me whether or not they're yours. And then we can invite other people to decide whether or not they're dangerous. I'll make sure the video is nice and public so everyone can see it."

...Not sure that's legal.
          Last edited by MadMike; 01-06-2016, 01:01 AM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it.

Comment

As fellow delivery driver I vote
            stupid
            crazy
            entitled
            a problem dog owner

And as a bonus should NOT be allowed to own dogs or order delivery.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              I told him about the territorial aggressive dogs and he gave a single tense nod and didn't say anything, but later he said that it just wouldn't work out. This happened last week btw. I'm not sorry, though. I would rather be out of a job than ripped to pieces by cujo and his rabid pals.
              So, you got attacked by a pack of crazy dogs, and you end up fired because of it? That's not right.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It really does sound like you'll be better off without that job but I'm appalled that you were actually fired because of that incident. Not that I wish harm on anyone but I hope if she orders from your company again that the next person experiences the same thing so your boss sees that you weren't the problem.

Comment

Let's leave the generalizations (i.e. pit bulls) and the arguments out of this. If anyone wants to debate this subject, we have another board for that.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                    Let's leave the generalizations (i.e. pit bulls) and the arguments out of this. If anyone wants to debate this subject, we have another board for that.
                    thank you.

and on topic... some people just don't seem to realize their dog acts differently when they ARE there, and when they AREN'T. a dog that's friendly in the presence of it's owner may be protective of home or car when they aren't there... they view themselves as the protector of the territory. other dogs are just the opposite... they'll bark and act nasty while the owner is home and someone knocks or makes noise outside, so they think the dog will guard their home from a robber, but really the dog is guarding THEM (OR isn't really "guarding" per se, but is just doing what they think their owner wants), not the property, and more often than not the dog (talking typical house dog here, not one specifically kept for guard work), if presented with a real robber in the absence of their owner, will either hide, or follow the stranger in curiosity, depending on their personality and confidence. i was a big fan of the Discovery show "It Takes a Thief" and i watched SO many dogs on that show ignoring, following, or hiding from the "robber". one time he even "stole" the dog to make a point.
                    Last edited by katzklaw; 01-06-2016, 05:52 AM.

Comment

I'll vote 'denial' on your customer. Whether that's 'crazy' or not depends on WHY she's in denial.

I'd also like to point out that, based on your manager's rather abrupt decision, your manager was probably given a very embellished account of what actually happened. After all, you DID dare to speak ill of her pwecious widdle snookums, and we all know that angry customers do not necessarily base their complaints in reality.
                      Last edited by CyberLurch; 01-06-2016, 11:48 AM. Reason: added a thought or two

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                        -snip- i was a big fan of the Discovery show "It Takes a Thief" and i watched SO many dogs on that show ignoring, following, or hiding from the "robber". one time he even "stole" the dog to make a point.
                        Tell me about it. It was almost sad the number of homeowners who watched their dogs on the video and had a rude awakening of just how well their dog would actually guard their home (read: not at all). They'd be shocked that Fido was hiding, or that Jon (the thief) was able to placate the dog by putting a plate of food in the laundry room or pantry or whatever and then shutting Fido in, or that Fido would run up to Jon and just wag his tail happily.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Entitled but not oblivious. She doesn't care if the dogs rip you to shreds. You're just a service person. She's horrible. But your boss is at least as bad.

Comment

I don't think we've ever had a pit bull bite at my vet clinic, but we've had a TON of Chihuahua bites.... And we too have no shortage of people just flabbergasted that Their Baby is a raving demon from hell when visiting us!

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
                              thank you.

and on topic... some people just don't seem to realize their dog acts differently when they ARE there, and when they AREN'T. a dog that's friendly in the presence of it's owner may be protective of home or car when they aren't there...
                              When my mother was a landlady, one of her tenants had a high-content wolf dog who was Mr. Snuggles when the owner was around, and a wild animal when she wasn't. I didn't know whether it was weirder to have this monster act like a giant lapdog or to have this lapdog snarling and thrashing at the end of his chain like the Tasmanian Devil. I was the de facto handyman, and I would only approach this beast if the owner was there.

Comment

Working...
                              X