X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth otakuneko View Post
    it goes downhill from there.
    Well, that saves me the trouble of finding that link and posting it.

That actually seems to be the top result of a Google search for the words seven red lines (not even any quotes).

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
      "Sure, you'll just need to buy the paint for it. We can't buy it for ourselves because we're not allowed to. Something about the prank 3 years ago at the staff Christmas party." *wistful sigh* "So, yea, you buy the paint and we'll put it on! What do you mean where do you buy it? Everyone knows that!" *hrummph and walk away, trying really hard not to giggle or snort*
      OH MY GAWD! Why did I NOT think of that?! Oh gawds that would have been FANTASTIC! I'm laughing so hard just thinking of that and wishing I'd actually done it.

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      All they need is the top secret paint that was used in WW2. This animated documentary tells all about it.
      Yes! I remember that cartoon and gawds yes I'd love that paint! And wow, nostalgia goggles off, forgot much a jerk Donald Duck could be. o,0

otakuneko, I'd never seen that and wow... yes, wow... so much wow.

Comment

Hey, speaking of making things clear... check this out!

http://consumerist.com/2016/01/05/lg...u-knock-on-it/

The future has arrived.

Comment

Let us not forget the fabulous Rockwell Retroincabulator.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            My sister likes to say, "How did they survive childhood??"
            That one's easy. They had parents to ensure survival. It's survival after they leave home that's in question.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              It's survival after they leave home that's in question.
              Not if 'Copter Mama has anything to say about it!
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Not if 'Copter Mama has anything to say about it!
                That is one of, if not the major, things they have to survive.

"Mother, PLEASE! I'd rather do it myself."
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                  If someone can make that happen with just paint, you'll be a billionaire.
                  Or fabric dye. Who wouldn't want an invisibility suit?
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    Who wouldn't want an invisibility suit?
                    Oh, the trouble I'd get into...

But seriously, I wonder if the hobby shop employees have had to deal with people screaming about how Tamiya's clear paint doesn't turn things transparent
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                      Hey, speaking of making things clear... check this out!

http://consumerist.com/2016/01/05/lg...u-knock-on-it/

The future has arrived.
                      In that case, it's technically a panel that was *already* clear, but which is obscured by some mechanism, possibly a liquid-crystal panel, which is electronically switched i response to the knock sensor. That is basically how liquid-crystal displays (including your average laptop or flatscreen monitor) work. The older passive-matrix displays allow more light through when "lit" than active-matrix displays, which is why the former were often used without a backlight to save production costs.

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                        In that case, it's technically a panel that was *already* clear, but which is obscured by some mechanism, possibly a liquid-crystal panel, which is electronically switched i response to the knock sensor. That is basically how liquid-crystal displays (including your average laptop or flatscreen monitor) work. The older passive-matrix displays allow more light through when "lit" than active-matrix displays, which is why the former were often used without a backlight to save production costs.
                        Something like this, probably. I don't remember the specifics, but the last time we went to the Corning Museum of Glass, I pointed out to my oldest one display they have with an opaque window that turns transparent when you step on a floor panel. I do recall it has to do with the panel sending an electrical current through some of the layers of the window, telling the materials to turn transparent. Liquid-crystal panels may have been mentioned in the explanation.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                        X