Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even more tales from the Dollar Admiral!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even more tales from the Dollar Admiral!

So. I too work at a Dollar Admiral. Oh, the tales I have to tell. Rather than focus on current blights, I'll mention an older one. I once had an SC come through my line, and demand a refund. The item in question was ice cream. For reasonable purposes I inspected his carton of ice cream. It was mostly consumed. Maybe a third left in the entire package. He proceeds to demand a refund because, and I quote, "he didn't like the taste."

Well, see, first he tasted it. Decided he didn't like it. Then, to be sure, he tasted it again. That time he wasn't sure, so he decided he hadn't taken a large enough sample to be sure. So then he pounded down two bowls of it, decided his first instinct was correct, then ate some more as a test-control measure. You know, to ensure the second sample was just a fluke. Then he ate some more to ensure consistent results.

Yeah. Yeah, yeah, that's it. It was all 'research', yeah.....

By the way, welcome!

Comment

What was the pizza company that had the commercial like that? Not so funny in real life. :P

Comment

A friend of mine was at a Dollar Admiral to get some cheap Diet Coke and overhead a customer talking to an employee there:

"I accidentally purchased a can of cat food last week and started to eat it. It didn't taste too bad so I thought I'd come back and buy some more."

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
          Well, see, first he tasted it. Decided he didn't like it. Then, to be sure, he tasted it again. That time he wasn't sure, so he decided he hadn't taken a large enough sample to be sure. So then he pounded down two bowls of it, decided his first instinct was correct, then ate some more as a test-control measure. You know, to ensure the second sample was just a fluke. Then he ate some more to ensure consistent results.
          Clearly the SC was just trying to make sure he had a large enough sample size to accurately make the claim that he didn't like the taste.

Yeah, I've been married to a scientist too long.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
            What was the pizza company that had the commercial like that? Not so funny in real life. :P
            One of the Big 3 (either Dominos or PJs). BUT with the current state of corp. "give the customer what they want no questions asked just give them all the free shit they want" policies and attitudes IS there really any difference anymore????
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
              "I accidentally purchased a can of cat food last week and started to eat it. It didn't taste too bad so I thought I'd come back and buy some more."
              That's almost as bad as the "dog treat lady" I've seen at the local "Square L." I've seen her more than once, usually bombed out of her mind, and snacking on dog treats, usually while waiting in line trying to buy lottery tickets.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Reminds me of the old joke about the woman that tried to return some [synonym for cat] treats because they weren't making her feel "satisfied"...
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I once returned an almost completely eaten tub of ice cream. It was just plain store bought "vanilla" but once we hit the bottom of the tub it was...weird, like a clear, yellowish, sticky liquid in a thick layer at the bottom that tasted nasty.

Took it back down to the shop we bought it from earlier (It was a big tub but we bought it that day as we had five family members visiting) and tried to return it. They gave me a look and pointed out it was mostly eaten and we had probably let it defrost and sit so it had "separated"

I very nicely pointed out that it was purchased today, only three hours earlier, and that the only way we could have seen the problem was to actually scoop the stuff out.

Got my refund.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    That's almost as bad as the "dog treat lady" I've seen at the local "Square L." I've seen her more than once, usually bombed out of her mind, and snacking on dog treats, usually while waiting in line trying to buy lottery tickets.
                    Reminds me of Lethal Weapon 3, when Mel Gibson snacks on dog biscuits in an attempt to quit smoking.

Comment

According to my mother, when I was a small child, I was prone to munching the occasional MilkBone. As far as either of us can tell, it didn't do me any harm.
                      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                        According to my mother, when I was a small child, I was prone to munching the occasional MilkBone. As far as either of us can tell, it didn't do me any harm.
                        I did the same thing as a small child. Hungry and not allowed to eat (too close to dinner, being punished, etc.) --- Grab some Milkbone dog treats to munch on. They were not really that bad tasting.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

There's a huge difference between a small child snacking on the occasional doggie treat....and being so wasted that you're talking to fire hydrants while eating them Seriously, the neighborhood I work in has a lot of drug activity--there's an actual crack house next door. This place has been raided twice. The last time...someone was using the bathtub in one unit to cook meth
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I once fed my Dad cat food. Not on purpose! He was visiting while I was at work. When I got home, I asked him what he had for lunch so I'd know what to not make for dinner. He said he'd eaten the can of deviled turkey I had in the fridge.

Now, I knew that I hadn't bought any canned turkey so I looked in the trash and saw the empty can of Wellness Turkey cat food. When I asked him what he thought about it, he said it needed salt

The ingredients in that cat food were turkey, water and taurine so I didn't worry about it. I just took steps to ensure that it didn't happen again.

Comment

When I was young I had an unintentional "make the wrong stuff" moment. My mother had put the kettle on in order to make herself a cup of coffee. She was busy when the kettle boiled, so I tried to be helpful. I'd seen her make coffee many times - put a heaping teaspoon of the brown stuff from one of the jars (we re-used coffee jars for other things, but they were easy to tell apart from coffee) on the kitchen counter into the mug and fill with boiling water.

That was how I learned that there is a difference between instant coffee (everyday use) and ground coffee (we only used the percolator when company was over).
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X