Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even more tales from the Dollar Admiral!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah! This reminds me of something that happened a long time ago... my dad loved pumpkin pie but he hated making the crust. Mom would make the dough for him. So one day he made pumpkin pie. When mom got home she asked, where did you get the crust? He said, oh, I just used the dough you had in the fridge.

And it was dough, alright. Playdough for the kids. We didn't eat those pies.

Comment

Re: Dog and cat food: Commercial dog and cat food basically has to be human edible; aside from cooking issues, both of their diets are subsets of ours. (OK, there's a few things that humans technically could eat, but usually don't because we're picky and have better options.) There used to be a trope about desperately poor people (usually old folks) eating pet food.

Of course dogs, and sometimes cats, will often eat things that they really shouldn't have, and suffer for it.

Re: coffee, once I was looking for cheap coffee for cold-brew, and accidentally picked up a jar of instant. That really didn't work very well!

Comment

Quoth Mental_Mouse View Post
        Re: Dog and cat food: Commercial dog and cat food basically has to be human edible; aside from cooking issues, both of their diets are subsets of ours. (OK, there's a few things that humans technically could eat, but usually don't because we're picky and have better options.)
        Not quite. 4D meats and grains are allowed and often used in pet food. See http://www.petmd.com/dog/nutrition/e...your_pets_sake (the first thing in a quick search that would be from a more neutral site as I am running late for work) for further details if so inclined.

Comment

Working...
        X