This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was different

You know how SC's are rude and nasty to you but then suddenly nice and polite to a supervisor?

Today I had what seemed to be a very nice guy in my cube who was sure that he didn't make enough to have his benefits cut. He had his pay stubs for the last 6 weeks, so I used a calculator and showed him that while he didn't make as much as the system was reporting, that he was way over income. I also showed him how to find the policy manual online to look up the income limits.

He asked me to run the numbers again, so I had him sit next to me (that's how safe I felt with him, no signs that he would suddenly snap) and let him watch the screen while I worked the income change. Sadly, the computer agreed with what I had told him.

I apologized, he thanked me for trying to help him. He then asked if my supervisor could help him. I explained that my supervisor would tell him the same thing, but he still wanted to talk to her.

You guys know those internal alarm bells you get? I got none of them. My co-workers in the cubes next to me didn't get any. Supe who walks around listening to us didn't get any internal alarms.

So, I IM'm my sup and asked her to come and talk to this seemingly nice guy. She came to my cube, looked at his pay stubs, looked at my work and told him that she was sorry but I had done everything right and that there was nothing else we could do.

He went nuts on her. Screaming and yelling and poking his finger into her chest. I was seriously Co-workers close to me were all Tank arrived and guy went off on Tank. (Looked like a Pomeranian trying to take on a pit bull.)

I have honestly never seen that reaction before. Nice to me and rude and abusive to my supervisor. Amazing.

Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
    Tank arrived and guy went off on Tank. (Looked like a Pomeranian trying to take on a pit bull.)
    I imagine it would have gone something like this.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
    X