This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I would know since I am Vegan"

So, working at ABC BBQ Joint in a local town has its ups and downs. Having the "Redneck" customers coming in ordering ribs and burgers, the endless fathers day rush, and the rare Vegan.

So one day, me working on the grill, a server comes in and asks me, "Does the Veggie Burger have any form of animal product? This customer at the Bar says he is Vegan and wanted to make sure."

I go and check the box, going through the many chemical names that I couldn't even dream of remembering. And towards the very bottom of the list I see something, Egg Whites. I go back to the server and tell her, "No, he can not have the veggie burger since it has Egg Whites in it."

About 5 minutes pass and the bartender walks in. "So, the customer had a question, I answered it for you, but I thought you'd like to know the question. He asked me 'What's an Egg White?', but anyways here is his order." He ordered one of our salads.

The salad he ordered is as follows, Iceberg Lettuce, dried cranberries, sliced celery, smoked almonds (with our special dry rub mixture) apples, and finally, Bleu Cheese. So I make the order, cutting out the Bleu Cheese, and after a little while, here comes Server A again, full salad in hand. "The customer wants you to remake his salad, making sure to add in the Bleu Cheese."

Me: I actually Can Not do that for him.

A: Why not?

Me: If he is truly Vegan, then I can not server him a dairy product, since that is besides against his "beliefs", can also cause him to get extremely ill since if he was truly Vegan, his body wouldn't be use to dairy, or any form of meat.

A bit later, the server comes back and tells me that I need to go out there to explain this to him. After like 5 minutes, I get a "break" in the ticket orders, so I go out there to help the server explain to this customer that I can not serve him what he wanted due to his being "Vegan". That was a good 10 minutes of time wasted, but I also wanted to hug the customer since he got me out of a 110 degree kitchen since our ac unit never works.

"You drank half-and-half, baby!"

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post

"Chicken isn't vegan?"

Comment

I'll never forget the young lady in the pharmacy wondering out loud if the lambskin condoms were vegan.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If this clown has not done enough research into what foods are necessary for his nutrition when following that diet, he is headed for a health crisis. Actually, if he does not know that eggs and dairy are animal, he is pretty stupid and clueless as to what the word "vegan" means. I have a feeling he woke up a day or so ago and decided to go vegan just because it sounded cool and was different from the rest of his friends.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Ye Olde Foren View Post
            So, working at ABC BBQ Joint in a local town has its ups and downs. (snip) and the rare Vegan.
            Rare Vegan? Now we've got a well-done Vegan.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              Rare Vegan? Now we've got a well-done Vegan.
              I just want to know why a vegan would go to a BBQ place, at least alone (which I'm assuming since he sat at the bar). I mean, I could see if he went with friends (meaning he likely got outvoted), but I can't imagine a vegan thinking that a BBQ place would have anything he could eat.

Comment

Quoth South Texan View Post
                If this clown has not done enough research into what foods are necessary for his nutrition when following that diet, he is headed for a health crisis. Actually, if he does not know that eggs and dairy are animal, he is pretty stupid and clueless as to what the word "vegan" means. I have a feeling he woke up a day or so ago and decided to go vegan just because it sounded cool and was different from the rest of his friends.
                Perhaps, in his case, 'Vegan' means he's from Vega.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  You once were a vegone, but now you will be gone.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                    I just want to know why a vegan would go to a BBQ place, at least alone (which I'm assuming since he sat at the bar). I mean, I could see if he went with friends (meaning he likely got outvoted), but I can't imagine a vegan thinking that a BBQ place would have anything he could eat.
                    You know, that is something I did forget to put. Yes, he was by himself, and no, I do not know why he came in alone.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      You once were a vegone, but now you will be gone.
                      "Vegone...?"

Comment

My dad will say he's vegan just to make things easier. "Vegan" is much easier to explain than "low fat vegetarian" and avoids the people who somehow think fish is vegetarian. For example, Broccoli/Cheese soup is "vegetarian" (usually) but high fat, so he would avoid it due the cheese being fatty, but a vegan avoids it due to cheese being, well, cheese.

Of course, my dad is not truly vegan. He'll love him some waffles, put milk in his coffee, and generally won't freak out over a little cheese. And let's not get into the ice cream. He's already eaten it all by now*.

*But only if it's low/no fat and sugar free.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                          Because he's special and doesn't care who knows it.

Riddle time: how do you tell if someone is vegan? You don't; they'll tell you.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                            And let's not get into the ice cream. He's already eaten it all by now*.

*But only if it's low/no fat and sugar free.
                            When I was growing up that stuff was called ice milk. USFDA rule changes in 1994 now let it be called low fat ice cream.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

If this clown has not done enough research into what foods are necessary for his nutrition when following that diet, he is headed for a health crisis.
                              That's one of the reasons I'm ovo-lacto veg, the other reason being an addiction to dairy. At any rate, I think people confuse vegan with vegetarian and vegetarian with pescetarian all the time. I see vegan as a huge commitment and I don't understand why this guy is doing it if he doesn't even understand what he's doing. Takes all kinds, I guess.

otakuneko, I guess I'm the opposite of your dad. I'm veg but I eat high fat. Dinner with the two of us would be hard.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X