Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At my company if we make a credit offer and they decline and request a manager it is noted they declined they credit . Managers will often just make the offer the same offer we made or tell the cx well you declined it ...so your SOL

Comment

MY daughter and SIL are on a grandfathered plan with ATT. It has lasted through many phone upgrades. It didn't apply to me when they added me to the family plan, but none of us expected that, so it was fine. DD goes through a shocking amount of data, so if they ever DO lose that plan, she's going to have to retrain herself post haste!!!

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post

You're not fooling anyone

I am speaking to "Bob Smith" from Riverside, California. "Bob Smith" wants to order three brand new iPhones for some of his lines with priority shipping.

Oh and did I mention "Bob Smith" also has a very thick indian accent and is apparently surrounded by other people with indian accents based on the background noise on the call?

Did I also mention "Bob Smith" wants these new iphones shipped to an address in New Jersey??

Oh I'm sorry Mr. Smith, it seems our ordering system just went down on us...what a shame.

I'm afraid you'll have to call back later or go to one of our <red checkmark> stores to get your phones.
        For those of us who are slow in the audience: is this an attempt to use stolen credit cards to order products or is there something else I'm missing here?
        Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

Nope, that's exactly it. Stolen card number, CNP purchase of stuff that is very easily salable.
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

CNP? Not familiar with the term.
            "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              CNP? Not familiar with the term.
              Card Not Present transaction.
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Card Not Present transaction.
                  That's something strictly forbidden by Big Green Cab Co. No card physically present in the cab, no transaction. Period. I sometimes had people try to pay by calling someone else, who wanted to pay me over the phone with (supposedly) their card. Nope, not happening, I'm not that dumb. (I say "had" because it hasn't happened to me at all since I switched to wheelchairs.)
                  Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                  OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                  she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                  Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    Nope, that's exactly it. Stolen card number, CNP purchase of stuff that is very easily salable.
                    Not just stolen credit cards, stolen identities. Remember, these guys can always verify the account with no problem. We also see a lot of store based fraud where someone will use a fake ID with the name and info of a legit customer but a photo of the fraudster to get the phones right over the counter. Our store reps are supposedly trained to watch for this, and stop it, when it occurs, but of course we'll never get them all.

9 time out of 10 when I get a call from customer who's "phone suddenly stopped working and now shows a SIM error", I know right away what's happened.
                    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
                    X