This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nor was it "Must See TV"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      /\ is this speaking from personal experience? *fires up Stairway to Heaven*

Why, yes. Yes it is

*goes off somewhere quiet to dwell on various memories*
      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
        Why, yes. Yes it is

*goes off somewhere quiet to dwell on various memories*
        In other words, you'll be in your bunk?
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
          Or just play some Led Zeppelin. There's no music like theirs for making buttons come undone
          Especially if it's a very fat man leaping about trying to play it...they'll be popping off all over as he waves that guitar about
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            I bought a book of spells once. It was written by some guy named Webster.
            Take your high-five and go. Puns are bad, m'kay?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
              love spells are meant to bring love into your life, not to manipulate someone into falling in love with you
              There was a quote I read once. Can't remember where, I think it might have been in one of Bujold's Sharing Knife books (or maybe a fanfic based thereon), where one of the characters cautions another against using a love spell (or the in-universe equivalent, a ground manipulation) to make someone fall in love with them, because if she ever found out, she'd be second-guessing herself for the rest of her life. Wish I could remember where I saw that.

Comment

Quoth ladydyani View Post
                Take your high-five and go. Puns are bad, m'kay?

Only once a puns a time.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                  There was a quote I read once. Can't remember where, I think it might have been in one of Bujold's Sharing Knife books (or maybe a fanfic based thereon)...
                  It's from Paladin of Souls, which I just finished re-reading last week. It wasn't a "ground manipulation", but Ista cautioning Foix about not using his demon-granted powers on Liss.

(There may have been a similar quote in a Sharing Knife book; I haven't re-read those in a while.)
                  “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                  One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                  The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
                    It's from Paladin of Souls, which I just finished re-reading last week.
                    Ah, right. Thanks, it was driving me nuts trying to remember where that was.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                      <Posts clip from Idiocracy>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZde5VDAA8U

<Runs away>
                      *watches clip*

Too bad I can't find the entire movie online. . . that was damn near the truth!
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                      X