Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

free gift bag? Also, returning without a receipt?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way back in my early school years my class had a white elephant exchange. I knew what a white elephant referred to and brought an appropriate item (I don't remember what). What I received in turn was a lovely ceramic statue of a boxer. I still have it and always wonder why they considered it a white elephant.

On another similar occasion I received a ceramic statue of a cardinal with a music box (plays "What A Beautiful Morning") in it. I still have it too.

Hmmm... two ceramic statues. I wonder if there is a pattern developing here?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      What I received in turn was a lovely ceramic statue of a boxer.
      Fistfighter or dog?

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      I received a ceramic statue of a cardinal with a music box (plays "What A Beautiful Morning") in it.
      Baseball player from St. Louis or bird?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        Fistfighter or dog?

Baseball player from St. Louis or bird?
        Dog and bird.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
          Third Story
          I have half a mind to write up a Harry Potter thread about all the problems from the new book/screenplay. Anyway, woman didn't know the new book was a screenplay. My cw was explaining to her the JK Rowling did write the story, other people wrote the screenplay, because she was thinking Rowling didn't write the book at all. eh.
          We were in our local BigGiantBookstore last night and I saw the saddest thing ever .. a big pile of the Harry Potter books that had been returned, and another giant pile of pre-orders that people decided they didn't want. I've seen all these stories about how awesome sales were, but the clerk (who is the son of a friend of mine) said he was pretty sure his individual store would end up losing money because a lot of the returners 1) bought their books online and 2) used Paypal, and folks were NOT HAVING IT that his store is only supposed to give store credit for a Paypal purchase (which to be fair I can completely understand).

His manager made the call that they would go ahead and give cash for Paypal transactions if the customers had the actual printed receipt (digital receipt not good enough) but they still don't know how that's going to shake out with corporate.

He and his coworkers are very afraid the store's ledger is going to end up taking the hit, and their store is kind of on the bubble anyway in terms of profitability, so in an ironic twist, Harry Potter may result in the departure of our largest bookstore.

Comment

Working...
          X