This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good is your memory?

Customer phones, wants to know what we did to her house in 2004. Nobody here knows, and we don't keep records going back that far. Keeps telling us she has her cancelled cheque, we did work on her house in 2004, to the tune of 12,000 dollars, she has the cancelled cheque.

What is she is trying to accomplish? Well her basement got wet, she wants to know if any of our products are waterproof. Yes, some of them are, no I still don't know what work we did on her house, or what products we used, and we are going to need more than the cancelled cheque to find out.

Do you have the warranty information we gave you when we did the work? That should have information about the areas we worked in and the materials we used. No, she doesn't have it, she wasn't even living in the house when the work was done, we would have given to the last homeowners. So, if she wasn't living there, why did she pay our bill for the house, as proven by her cancelled cheque?

Oh, right. We did work on the house she lived in 2004, that's why she paid our bill. So........do I know if we did any work at (her address) in the last 20 years, and what work and what kinds of materials we would have used?
    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
    So........do I know if we did any work at (her address) in the last 20 years, and what work and what kinds of materials we would have used?
    We had people who'd call the roofing company and be losing their mind upset because their roof was leaking. They'd give the address and name and we'd find nothing. Finally, after much effort, we'd find out the roof was done by another small business in town. Mostly they'd be nice about it, but every once in a while there'd be some one who would get off the phone by saying "well your names are so SIMILAR!" Actually they aren't. In generic terms, our company was called Town Name Roofing. The other company was called General Area Roofing. It would be like if a company was named San Francisco Roofing, and another was called Bay Area Roofing.

Funnily enough, our company would probably have records that went back that far. The problem is that the older files are not on the computer, so it would take longer to find. And even if we did, warranties do not transfer to new homeowners unless there are special circumstances. (basically if someone communicated that they'd like to transfer the warranty we probably would, but people hardly ever did this) And based on the insanity of the person in the OP, it would be better to just say sorry, can't help you.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

OHMYGOD wtf?? I got nuthin'.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Mostly they'd be nice about it, but every once in a while there'd be some one who would get off the phone by saying "well your names are so SIMILAR!" Actually they aren't. In generic terms, our company was called Town Name Roofing. The other company was called General Area Roofing. It would be like if a company was named San Francisco Roofing, and another was called Bay Area Roofing.
        But you both have Roofing in your names. To an SC that is similar names.
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
        X