This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm taken aback by the zero-to-sixty rudeness

I was cashiering and she asked if she could write a check over the amount to get cash back. It's not outside the realm of possibility that someone would carry both a debit card and checkbook; in fact, I have had customers who had both on them but still wanted to write a check for over. So I answered with a sorry-smile, "No, but if you have a debit you can get cash back." I was very friendly about it. I got a nasty "Now if I had my debit card I wouldn't need to write a check!" The supervisor shot me a look, even. I decided not to sink to her level and was very professional and remained friendly (didn't even say "Some people carry both" in order to correct her assessment of my intelligence.) I just smiled while she glared at me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ugh, I hate Jekyll-and-Hyde customers. It's like, where the hell did that come from?! There is nothing about this transaction that validates that kind of flipping out.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I will admit to having done that once or twice, but always when I either wasn't on meds (and should have been but either i wasn't diagnosed or docs decided to punish me for not following their pet crystal-gripping cure by taking them away) or they needed an adjustment. Simple answer: there's something wrong with their heads. There was something wrong with mine when I did that.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
      X