This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not paid enough for this

So I made 2 mistakes in this, you’ll see what they are in the end.

Guy comes into work says we called him saying we have a package for him but he doesn’t say what it is because he doesn’t know. So normal procedure for a website order being picked up is you confirm the contents, check id, write down the address and name on said id and get them to sign. Simple quick and everybody’s done.
    We open up the package and it’s a copy of turbo tax (income tax filing software). He says to his friend he said that’s what it probably was. He tells me he ordered this months ago, received it and filed his taxes already.

So I’m a little baffled what to do here. He basically tells me to keep it but give him a copy of the shipping receipt in case he got double billed and he’ll check his credit card when he gets home. So I call my manager asking wtf do I do, she tells me to just call the number for the website order and let them sort it out basically. He won’t wait around for that so I go and photocopy the receipt to just do what he wants because he doesn’t even want to take the software and make it somewhere else’s problem. Now he’s made a couple semijoke comments about me telling my manager she shouldn’t smoke (I’d made a comment that she’d stepped out to grab one) and semijoked about who’s going to settle his account because his time is worth money and he wasted time coming down here. Semijoking…

Anyways. So I hand him the receipt (here’s mistake one) and we’re talking a little, it’s a case of it’s not being handled the way it should which bothers me but he’s not taking the product he potentially hasn’t paid for. I do see the ship date is like January for the order on the paperwork.

Anyways something clicks in my brain that I should at least follow procedure in one way and just check his id because while he’s not taking the product he’s taking a copy of the shipping receipt with info that could be considered private. So I say this saying I’m just trying to follow procedure a bit here and ask to see if he has any id on him because he’s taking the paperwork. He asks for a pen and writes down his license number for me completely missing the point. I should say he asked for the package by name and never once did I get a scam vibe, he was just being a dink. He says no, that it would be an invasion of privacy. (buddy we’ve got your name, address, phone number and if it’s right then your license number all we’re missing at this point is your DOB and height) So he basically refuses and starts to walk out of the store with the receipt.
    I ask to see it for a moment, I even reach to just ake it out of his hands (it is honestly not a big deal at all if he leaves with it but he’s being an ass) but it reaches the point where I just let him go because I’m not tackling a dude for a receipt especially when he didn’t take the product.

Anyways me and coworkers are kind of in “the fuck just happened” mode. I go fill in my manager and give her the product and paperwork. Looking at the paperwork I missed before that not only is the shipping date January but it’s noted that we called him then, April and now. So this guy… I have no idea. It looks like he ordered it months ago and never picked it up but thinks he did.

He basically just decided to find something, anything in this to be difficult over and give himself some power.

Anyways whatever. Fortunately my managers aren’t dumbasses and I won’t be in trouble over a customer acting like an ass.

For the record the 2 mistakes:
    1. Giving him the receipt first.
    2. Assuming he didn’t have his head up his ass
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

None of that makes any sense. I have no idea what he thought was happening with the order. Don't worry too much about the receipt though. I'm sure it can be brought up on the computer if necessary.

Comment

My first thought was that now he has a receipt that can be used to return product he didn't previously have a receipt for. Like stolen software.
      It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
        My first thought was that now he has a receipt that can be used to return product he didn't previously have a receipt for. Like stolen software.
        He could probably try but I bet TurboTax serial numbers it's software so the numbers won't match.
        Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

No it doesn't have serial numbers but I actually get the impression he just decided to be difficult. It was probably him he asked for the package by his name and they're kept locked away. he honestly could have just accepted it, done the receiving paperwork and had it refunded right there if he wanted, it would have taken 5 minutes.
          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Working...
          X