This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trust in me. Just in me.

Once again I get an SC who tried to pay with a CC not matching his ID. Woman's name on the CC, man's name on the ID. He goes on about how horrible our policy is that we should accept the card because last names match. And his parting words to us is that we should be more trusting of our customers.

The last matching last names? Smith
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Well, in his tiny, tiny world, there is only one 'Mr. Smith'. And 'trusting customers' is the fast track to bankruptcy.

Comment

Was he going by John Smith?
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
        Was he going by John Smith?
        Vivian Smith-Smythe-Smith. He has an O-level in camel hygiene and can count up to 4.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Vivian Smith-Smythe-Smith. He has an O-level in camel hygiene and can count up to 4.
          Isn't he the one who shot himself into third place? Or was that Nigel Incubator Jones?
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hardly anyone questions any more.

My boss has handed me his credit card a couple times to run errands for him. I feel awkward handing over his card, but I've never been challenged. And even though I'm post-menopausal, no one's ever mistaken me for a "David."

Comment

Quoth workerbee222 View Post
              Hardly anyone questions any more.

My boss has handed me his credit card a couple times to run errands for him. I feel awkward handing over his card, but I've never been challenged. And even though I'm post-menopausal, no one's ever mistaken me for a "David."
              When I worked at a place that had card reading/writing equipment (we built gas pumps including readers in the pump head and had some specialty products for fleet operations), I had a co-worker who didn't want to pay his bank's charge for a second debit card. So he grabbed a blank and copied the one he had.

That batch of blanks happened to be red, and had NO markings on it - it was solid red except for the mag stripe.

I watched him use it one time - he'd tell the guy at the counter that it was blank for security reasons, and they'd never give him any trouble.
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

mk - Wow. That's a serious load of BS from the red-card guy right there. Cashiering 101, last I checked, includes phrasing along the lines of "unsigned credit cards are invalid," and it sounds like this one didn't even have a *place* to sign oO
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X