This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only... In Tennessee...

Okay, recently, my MORNING JOB opened in an old Krystal building.

"Krystal" used to be famous or infamous for producing really small, really cheap slider-style burgers in the Southeast. Well, THIS one went out because the former sheriff caught the staff making shake-n-bake meth in the kitchen... and that's when HIS troubles started, but that's .

ANY-HOWL...

So, the place reopens after 3 years of abandonment as a teriyaki place.
    I get hired on due to EXTREME staff shortages, and the money's plenty good. They have, thanks to the format of the previous sort of business, a DRIVE-THRU. And THAT's where THIS SC comes into play.

We'd been open three or four weeks. SC drives up. I'm the dishguy, but I hear this:

"Welcome to Aka Becko((name is changed to protect me)), order when ready please."
    "Uhhh. Yeh! I'd lack ter order me three burgers and three Super-De-lerx orders of super-sized fries!" ((boyo had an accent that made DELIVERANCE sound like Cambridge English!))
    "uhm... Sir? We don't sell those products here. We're a an Asian restaurant."
    "YOU MEAN TER TAYL ME, you snot-nosed b***h, THAT YOU GOTCHERSELFS A DRAHV-THROO AND Y'ALL'N'S DON'T SELL NO BURGERS AN' FRIES?! What the kinda playse y'all runnin' here!?"
    Guy drives off.

Now I get an eyeful of this uber-redneck. Dude had a beat-to-hell-and-back-hundreds-of-times Chevy truck, a 20-foot lift kit ((WAY over-exaggerated to make the point)), more "GIT -ER-DONE" crap on it than should be legal, four stars'n'bars flags flyin', three DON'T TREAD ON ME stickers, and both mullet and beard whipping out the window.

Yes, ONLY in Tennessee.

Sadly, only the Tennessee license plates make the specimen therein unique to TN.... otherwise, I get him too.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Both Kansas and Nebraska have them as well. Not huge numbers, thankfully, but we have 'em.

Comment

Sooo, to Clem Kadiddlehopper* there, only burger places have drive-thru windows?? That's a first.

*Cookies for reference! And no peekin' at Google!
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Tyg3rW01f View Post

Yes, ONLY in Tennessee.
          Wisconsin has an abundance of those types as well. You need to get out more.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I suppose the local KFC or Taco Bell doesn't have a drive through? They don't sell burgers, either.
            "YOU MEAN TER TAYL ME, you snot-nosed b***h, THAT YOU GOTCHERSELFS A DRAHV-THROO AND Y'ALL'N'S DON'T SELL NO BURGERS AN' FRIES?! What the kinda playse y'all runnin' here!?"
            "Well, dumbshit, if you'd read the menu posted at the entrance of the drive through, it would've told you what kind of food this place sells."

But we all know that reading is not an SC's forte.
            Last edited by XCashier; 08-20-2016, 01:50 AM.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Drive throught liquor stores in some states I've lived in.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Sooo, to Clem Kadiddlehopper* there, only burger places have drive-thru windows?? That's a first.

*Cookies for reference! And no peekin' at Google!
                Red Skelton has been gone for quite a while now.

Comment

Oh, I presumed the redneck's natural habitat was Stupidville, DIXIE USA

Comment

Drive thru Daiquiri shops (basically 15-proof slushies) back home in New Orleans
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

It is, but, Dixie's borders just happen to coincide completely with that of the USA.
                      - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

We get a few of those in Colorado too. Some are travellers from other areas (the hotel where I work is close to a few best-of-their-type-in-the-country hospitals) but Colorado is a strange mix of urban (such as Denver Metro and the northern Tri-City area on the front range) and REALLY rural farming / mountain communities.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          Sadly, only the Tennessee license plates make the specimen therein unique to TN.... otherwise, I get him too.
                          True. If they had North Carolina plates, they'd be cousins/siblings.

And no, I don't know that part of the family tree. I don't travel to the Tri-Cities region.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

**waves in Texan** got them here too....sigh

Comment

Redneck is not a location. It is a state of mind.

We've got our share of them here in Northern Virginia, too.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X