Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If she got a gown that was cut in the Minoan style, the "stretch and lean back" wouldn't expose her. Of course, there's a SLIGHT downside - she'd already be exposed.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

But is that a downside...?

Determining the answer to that question may require photographs!

*runs*

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        I'd suggest heeled flip-flops, but I can tell that she's not the type to take suggestions well.

Ah, the sulk. I guess that's worked their whole life, so why not now? Maybe if she sulks long enough gravity will bend around her?
        Those flip-flops rock!
        "Damn, I'm good!"-Dr. Who

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
          But is that a downside...?
          Coopers Droop.
          "...And we're standing erect, with our hands on our chests, two inches above the floor..."
          Four Bitchin' Babes - L.A.F.F. (Ladies Against Fanny Floss)
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            There is supposedly a reason behind this, in that it's easier to adjust according to measurements, compared to something that has sleeves (can someone back me up on this?)

My plan for if I ever get married involves a dress with sleeves.

Speaking of wedding dresses that buck the trend, check this one out: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...RTY-bucks.html

She made it on her daily bus commute over 5 months and it took her $30 to do so. Best part is that she CAN actually wear it again, with different linings.
            WOW, that is a beautiful dress. She has quite a bit of skill, she could make decent money off of those.

5 days a week, about 2 hours (there and back, high end) times 4 months, throw in extra time at home. Maybe 50-70 hours of work.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
              I find myself wondering what the outcome would be if more grooms participated in the wedding planning and saw the Bridezilla in action.
              BUT it's also the grooms day too!! Why they don't participate more in the wedding planning is what surprises me.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                BUT it's also the grooms day too!! Why they don't participate more in the wedding planning is what surprises me.
                Probably because they know the bride will shoot down every suggestion they make, so it's easier just to let her have her way.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Spot on!

(And I suspect most guys just don't like planning parties.)

Comment

Quoth Jarlaxle View Post
                    Spot on!

(And I suspect most guys just don't like planning parties.)
                    Depends on the party. They love planning Super Bowl parties. Beer, large screen TV, beer, munchies, beer, several friends and beer.

Weddings? Lace and chiffon and girly-girl stuff and lots of money? Nah, leave that to the bride-to-be.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

When I worked at Vicky's Not Tellin' -- way back in the day -- we would occasionally have a Zilla lumber in with a dress she swore would fit her ... if we would only produce the magical undergarment she knew we had "in the back" that would convert a size 12 into a size 6 on demand. And be comfortable, of course.

At that time, the toughest foundation garments we sold were contraptions called "bustiers," which were very lightly constructed and really meant for the wedding night. But even today's heavier-duty corsets can't perform miracles. I just wish I had the great line you used as your thread title!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        Depends on the party. They love planning Super Bowl parties. Beer, large screen TV, beer, munchies, beer, several friends and beer.

Weddings? Lace and chiffon and girly-girl stuff and lots of money? Nah, leave that to the bride-to-be.
                        If I were to have the ultra expensive wedding of my dreams, I would probably do a destination wedding at a dude ranch with horses, a rodeo and a huge BBQ ... I absolutely detest frilly lacy pastel girly shit. Getting dressed up fancy, unless it is in medieval or renaissance clothing is the absolute last thing on my to do list. [believe me, a gonne, chemise and cotehardie are wonderfully comfy. Even elizabethan with a pair of bodys/corset is actually comfortable.]
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                          It's called intelligently choosing one's battles...Yes, I speak from experience.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                          X