This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No real clever title here

as I believe I have used all the ones I thought up to describe the kind of stupidity delivery drivers have to sometimes put up with.

In a sort of weird way these two stories are kinda connected as you will see further down.

Story #1

Sat. night around 10:30pmwe get an order to a hotel the Motel #. Now we have two Motel #s in our area. One WE deliver to and another a sister store delivers to. The one we deliver to is next to a Denny's and the other is across the street from a McDonald's. Just like any other order the order taker (the MOD in this case) verifies the CORRECT hotel and room number. Yes it is the one we deliver to. The MOD also VERIFIES the room number.

The get made and the other closing driver get the delivery.

He comes back with the order saying NO one is in the room.

Fast forward 30 minutes after he comes back with the order. The phone rings and I answer. It is the above hotel order wanting their order delivered. I also verify the correct hotel AND room number and since I am first up I head out the door with said delivery.

I arrive at the hotel and proceed to the room number and knock. NO answer. I wait about 30 seconds and knock again. Again NO answer. I head to desk and have the desk person verify there is indeed someone staying in said room number. He then calls the room and gets NO answer.

Screw this. I call the store to let them know this run is most likely a dead end.

Story #2

I get a delivery to the above hotel tonight (for a different room). I proceed to the room number indicated on the ticket and knock. NO answer rinse repeat and FAIL

I go to the desk and inquire of the desk person if they have a person in this room number. NOPE no one in that room. They also check the register and no name is close. I call the store to let the GM know about the situation. The GM explains that they verified the room and location several times because she had trouble understanding the customer.

While waiting for the GM to decide what to do, the desk person tells me more information on the "delivery" from the story above.

It seems that the persons ordered pizza THEN went out somewhere and their GPS proceeds to get them "lost". By this I mean they went somewhere then used their GPS to find their way BACK to said hotel and the GPS sent them to the OTHER Motel # (not in our delivery area). IT seems they arrived at the OTHER Motel # and for some reason thought it was the hotel they were staying at.

NOW YES the two hotels have the same name BUT are completely different in build. Ours is a 2 story with ONLY inside access. The other hotel is also a 2 story building BUT ONLY has outside access.

NOW it is NOT know what happened between the time they called to get their order re-delivered and I attempted to deliver it. They finally showed up about 30 minutes after I left and about 40 minutes since their phone call. From what the desk person said they obviously did not know what to do and the order was canceled.

NOW back to Story #2.

I check with Other hotel and inquire if they have a guest in the indicated room number. NO one in that room at THAT property.

SCREW this I have now wasted about 35 minutes time and have missed at least 2 deliveries. BACK to the store. When I get back the GM informs me the customer has called looking for their order. SHE again asks them to verify the hotel AND their room number. NOW it seems that the guest is claiming they are in a COMPLETELY different room number and they TOLD the GM they were in completely different room. By this time the order is 1 HOUR old so the GM gives them the order for free.

By the time I get back to the store there is another delivery up so I take both delivering to new order first then the misdirected one. I DID talk to the desk person and verified they were indeed in the completely different room number before going to that room.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

The GM should have just told them to come in and pick the order up by that point, especially as it was free, through no fault of your own x.x
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Between the wasted time and missing other runs how much in the red did you end up?

And free because this dry-pool diving team member can't get his addresses straight? Can you say "FAIL"?

Comment

Fail? Nope, that's beyond fail, that's mind-bendingly stupid.

That's STOOOPID.

Ugh.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X