Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm asking her a very important question. Introducing: Mrs Hero!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm asking her a very important question. Introducing: Mrs Hero!

And I already know what the answer will be!

Before graduating college in 2007, I went to church with a young woman. At the time I didn't know her too well, but we knew each other. I graduated and we both left to do our own things. She friended me on Facebook and I accepted.

Last May we got to talking again. Though only a long distance relationship is recent, we had been spending 9 months texting, phoning, and skyping to get to know one another. In December I made plans to fly out to see her again.

About a month ago we started talking about marriage. We both decided that this is something we wanted. We're both in love with one another and care for each other, being there when either of us are feeling down and need a friend. She has become my best friend.

So, I told her than when I go see her, I'm also asking the question, and she said she's going to say yes. I have the ring right here in front of me. It's a beautiful ring, though I admit not a very costly ring.

Silence will fall when the question is popped.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Congratulations!

And the cost of the ring is irrelevant in the face of love.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, I thought you were married already. Duh. Well, congrats! Maybe I should bring a boy to church with me.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Congrats! That's wonderful!

Comment

The cost of the ring isn't important - the meaning and wishes behind the giving of it are. Congratulations!
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Ring isn't important...I'd rather have a puppy.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Congrats Hero! Let us know how it goes!
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

It's kinda blurry, but here's a picture.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Congratulations! That's great!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Congrats!

And I'm sure she'll enjoy the ring. Price tag doesn't matter. Love is what matters.

(I actually bought my own engagement ring. I found it on eBay and had to have it. I gave it to now-Hubs and told him to use it when he was ready to pop the question, since we both knew that's where we were headed. He proposed to me on the beach a few months later.)
                    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Congratz..

I agree.. The cost doesn't matter.. what matters in the meaning to it.. When I got engaged to the late Mrs. drunkenwildmage, the ring I got was $30 ring from Meijer (That was all I could afford at the time) but she wore it with pride, and was showed it off to everyone.
                      Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

The ring is amazing.

If he ever pops the question to me, I'm getting a chain for mine to wear around my neck (I tend to fiddle like crazy and having a ring on my finger makes things worse)
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Mr. Hero your relationship sounds a lot like how mine started. It was also a distance relationship and my wife and I had also decided to get married before the formal proposal and I also was unable to spend that much on the ring.

That was over 6 years ago and we are still happily married. Congratulations to you!
                          "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Congratulations!!! I love hearing long-distance relationships work out, as I met my husband online and we lived on different sides of different countries (Canada/USA) - we just got married in Dec after having known each other since 2000.

Wishing you both all the best - be sure to update us!!!
                            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Congratulations, she's gonna love it!
                              ......../\
                              ....../__\
                              ..../\...../\
                              ../__\../__\

Comment

Working...
                              X