X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Antisocial_Worker View Post

Dislike:

Neon shoes -- Just looks childish, in my opinion. Neon laces, neon soles, the whole damned thing neon -- they go out of their way not to match anything and call attention to you when it really isn't needed.
    Hope you're not referring to these.

They were a splurge on myself. I <3 them. But I only wear them to work on non-truck days.

And now, a rant. I hate skinny jeans. I hate my body. It's too...average.

As I was out shopping tonight, I was looking for pants for work. I was not successful in finding any. The only pants I could find were:

- too dressy-looking, like pants you'd wear to church
    - too skinny, or
    - cargo pants, which I would wear if the dress code allowed them. They are forbidden. The stated reason is safety; supposedly they don't want a person getting the cargo pockets caught on something. The real reason, probably, is that corporate thinks they're too "casual."

At Old Navy, I found some khakis that would've fit the bill, but they had none in my size (36 waist, 32 inseam, which is always the hardest size to find. Must be the size of an average American male or something) in the colors I wanted. I asked; they had none in back. They probably pretend-checked to humor me.

So it would've been making do with pants that are too big in the waist, or too long in the legs, or trying to squeeze into a 34 waist to get the proper length legs. I left, pants-less.

At Target, I tried on a pair of "relaxed" five-pocket pants. Still way too skinny, and very awkward-fitting on me.

Looks like I will either be shopping online, or hoping to find something suitable at Goodwill.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 02-24-2013, 01:58 AM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I hate pants shopping as well. I own many, many pairs, but my weight fluctuates so much that I only have a couple of pairs that I can trust.

Many, many, many jeans these days (all types and cuts) are that super freaking cheap cotton or lycra that fits perfect out of the dryer or closet, but within hours, you're having to hike your pants up and walking around with extra inches of fabric in your crotch and a saggy ass.

I HATE curvy fit jeans because the designers think that they must be mid-rise or higher rise. No. Just no. I need a lower rise, but curvy shape pants. Arg.

I also despise skinny jeans. Maybe it's because I have a shape than can give Kim Kardashian competition, but I don't think they flatter short curvy girls at all.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Irv, I think your shoes look fine, I believe Antisocial_Worker was referring to the sneakers that are highlighter-yellow/green/pink all over, not just in some places. For some reason I can't find any pictures but I know I've seen them at show stores in the mall.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          Irv, I think your shoes look fine, I believe Antisocial_Worker was referring to the sneakers that are highlighter-yellow/green/pink all over, not just in some places. For some reason I can't find any pictures but I know I've seen them at show stores in the mall.
          http://www.rebelsport.com.au/eng/pro.../0126000800026

Closest thing I could find was that *points*

A friend of mine has the black with neon colour shoes, but the colours are actually tastefully located.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

My eyes hurt now

Comment

Nothing wrong with the shoes....I wear bright Neon colored pumps and heels....oh wait, no I don't....it won't stop snowing.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                Nothing wrong with the shoes....I wear bright Neon colored pumps and heels....oh wait, no I don't....it won't stop snowing.
                And you wonder why there's a backlog of orders for more snow.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I cannot stand sagging pants, even my co workers wear their uniform pants past their butt cheeks and it looks so unprofessional! I also dislike seeing people who are overweight wearing clothes that are too small for them! Honestly, who wants to see your belly and you look down right dumb! I see that a lot in my job and I just shake my head in disbelief!

I am overweight but I would never wear clothes that are so tight that the whole world can see every bulge! I also get frustrated when I go shopping because of the style that are offered are not very flattering to overweight women, unless you purchase them online through specialty shops. I dislike horizontal stripes because it makes me look like a beach ball but I can never find vertical stripes. It bothers me that manufactures make tops too short, I have a belly and I like to cover it up and I prefer my tops to hang down towards my thighs but it is hard to find those unless I purchase men's big and tall t-shirts.

In the winter I resorted to purchasing a couple of black cardigan sweaters and then I purchase nice colored tops to wear underneath, it looks nice and professional and I can pair it up with black pants and slipon shoes. In the summer I have more of a challenge, I purchase capris because I love those and then I usually try to find t-shirts or tops that hang low. Sometimes I can find some real nice ones at Wal-Mart but not often, I wish the manufactures would make the cute clothes they market for skinny people available for larger women because I see some real cute outfits for small people and pretty ugly ones for me. I have not ordered clothes online yet, although I have looked at different websites and found some that I really like but the expense is horrible! Oh well, I guess I will keep trying to find decent clothes at Wal-Mart.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    2. You're going to laugh at me, but I own a pair of Ugg boots. When it gets to be -15 degrees outside and windy, they're the only shoes I can wear. They're super-toasty. Otherwise the wind just whips through any other shoes and freezes my feet.
                    ^ This. I have a pair of fake Ugg boots which I was driven to purchase after yet another day of frozen feet. My fake Uggs keep my feet warm, and were only a tenner. XD

However, I hate Uggs if the person wearing Uggs or fake Uggs is a) wearing them with shorts or a miniskirt, b) in the middle of summer and c) probably sweating buckets inside their boots. Ugh.

Here is what I love, besides my fake Uggs:

1. Flowy shirts and long skirts. Definitely a good look on the vast majority of women.

2. Fake fur. I just love fake fur coats and accessories.

3. Monochrome. Can't beat the classic black/white look.

And what I hate:

1. Neon. It's currently making a comeback and while it's not so bad if the person just sticks to either one clothing item (ie a neon top teamed with black trousers) or accessories, what looks awful is people double and triple teaming it, ie wearing a neon pink top with a neon orange skirt and neon yellow shoes. Makes me feel a migraine coming on.

2. Velour tracksuits, thin leggings, big earrings. Wear any of these, and you might as well be walking around carrying a sign saying, "I AM A CHAV INNIT".

3. Shorts. For the uninitiated, where I am at the moment it's COLD AS FUCK. That means that walking around in shorts, t-shirts, sandals and other summery clothes makes you look like a cretin. Also, blue, goosepimpled flesh does not an attractive look make.
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X