This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Geek King View Post
    This is why I refuse to get on Facebook-type places, or to go to a reunion. I would not be able to restrain myself if certain people from high school contacted me all buddy-buddy.
    I have a FB page, but I hardly ever post anything on it. I did friend quite a few HS friends . . . real friends, people who were good to me, but found we really don't have anything in common anymore.

One of my old friends is FB friends with one of my tormentors . . . who later did time for murder. Some of his posts bleed through, and make it clear he has not changed a bit.

None of my other bullies has ever tried to get in touch, either to say hello, ask forgiveness, or tell me to go to hell.

And I'm fine with that.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

My time in HS was not filled with friends and parties and get-togethers.

I am only on Classmates. I am NOT on Facebook, LinkedIN, or any other social networking site. My presence on the internet is minimal at best (mostly here and a few other message boards/blogs) and I only use my Nickname not my real name.

I did however get a surprise in the last 2 months. My Classmates profile is very minimal and really does not get visited all that often. most of the time it is visited by people I really do NOT remember. The surprise was that in the space of 4 weeks an old GF (one of two I dated in HS) visited my profile twice. SHe and I have been on Classmates fdor about the same length of time. I have my login set to silent mode (meaning that if I visit a profile it will leave no trail or guestbook record).

NOt sure why she visited after all this time and 2x to boot.

Not many people I want to interact with from HS anyway.
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

This is why I refuse to get on Facebook-type places, or to go to a reunion. I would not be able to restrain myself if certain people from high school contacted me all buddy-buddy.
        Same here. I use a fake name on Facebook for that very reason; namely, I don't want the bitches from school who made my life hell to contact me and try and friend me.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Yup. This. Oh, how much I would not restrain myself...
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The last time I saw one of my middle school tormentors was about 5 years ago. I was at PT and he happened to have a session at the same building. He kinda stared at me the entire time were in the same general area, but didn't approach me or say anything. If he had, I'm not sure what I would've done, as I've had a great desire to rearrange his teeth since 8th grade (2000-ish).

But, nope, despite having Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr, I have yet to be contacted by anyone I seriously disliked from middle or high school. I have found a few of my very closest friends from middle school, though, on FB.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

In my pre-FB days, I got an e-mail from a former best friend, who I had a falling out with while in high school. She sent a friendly e-mail, so I replied in kind. Never heard back from her, but I immediately started getting junk e-mail from all sorts of sex sites and other groups I would have no affiliation with. Too much of a coincidence for me. She's still the same female dog I cut ties with in high school.

On the other hand, I have reconnected with quite a few high school friends through FB. We're not as close as we were back then (mumblely-mumble years ago, pre-Facebook, almost pre-internet), but it's fun to see what they're doing.
              That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Working...
              X