Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

How to bung up shipping, by proper form response
Old 06-04-2019, 05:50 AM
Store Manager

Default How to bung up shipping, by proper form response

I had my phone break in a fall. Meh, it happens. I email the service, as they're not one of the bigs, or even a medium, but the price was right.
Each response back from them takes minimum 24 hours, in which I have to explain very clearly that in no way will 'resetting the phone' will undo a broken LCD screen.

Finally we get to the "Oh, it are broke, so we send you out a new one. Gives to us the shipping address, and it CANNOT be a P.O. Box." I figure they're using one of the FedUP services to make it happen, and give the address here. I finally get the email stating that they're using one of the "Smart" delivery schemes where the expensive carrier rushes it to the post office, who makes the delivery.
One small problem here: USPS doesn't deliver here, which is why there's a P.O. Box.
The phone service specified that I can't give them a P.O. Box, but they use a method that would require...
Is it any wonder I get these headaches sometimes?

Old 06-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Accounts Payable/IT Helpdesk

I've been on this particular carnival ride. In fact, I'm having flashbacks right now.

My condolences & best of luck. Last time around, I cancelled an entire service for the company rather than have to deal with their stupidity.

I should post about that sometime, but the stupid burns my brain when i think of it.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:05 AM
Area Manager

Pro tip: You can sign up for a service that lets you have packages delivered to the post office's street address.

https://ribbs.usps.gov/mtcsa/documen...rAgreement.pdf

Old 06-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Loading, please wait...

Actually, you don't even need to sign up for a service for that, or at least you don't around here. It may depend on the postmaster for your area whether they'll require you to sign up or not. Just find out the street address where your box is, then give the address as Your Name 12132 Whatever St #Box City, State, zip.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:49 PM
Bagger

Way I get around that is I will put my street address and then Box ... I just put Box and not P.O. part. One time I was questioned about it, I said it was part of my street address. So far it has solved the problem *knock wood*

Old 06-06-2019, 03:22 AM
Store Manager

Ahh, so the address of the local post office, then the box number. It's simple, it's brilliant. I may have to use that with these idiots. I got back the response that "Oh yeah, we use the FedEx to deliver." Umm, yeah, you guys originally stated that you use the cheaper route where FedEx gets it close then mails it in.
Bah. Ah well, and so, the waiting game begins. I'll either have my phone... eventually, or I'll go two more rounds with them. Happily, they're not the only service provider with that price tag, and it'll cost me nothing to switch.

Old 06-06-2019, 10:11 PM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
Ahh, so the address of the local post office, then the box number. It's simple, it's brilliant. I may have to use that with these idiots. I got back the response that "Oh yeah, we use the FedEx to deliver." Umm, yeah, you guys originally stated that you use the cheaper route where FedEx gets it close then mails it in.
Bah. Ah well, and so, the waiting game begins. I'll either have my phone... eventually, or I'll go two more rounds with them. Happily, they're not the only service provider with that price tag, and it'll cost me nothing to switch.
I had the same thing happen once, used Fedex so only put street address...but it was Fedex Ground so they pass off to the local post office..my nerves!! LOL!

Old 06-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

The phrase "unit number" or just "#" covers many sins.... Our mailbox gets stuff delivered that "cannot go to a PO box" all the time; we just tell them its "#111" and let them assume "apartment number" or whatever.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:51 AM
Assistant Manager

I ordered something back in October, was supposed to ship FedEx from Pittsburg to Toledo, with an estimated 2 to 3 days.

It left Pittsburg, got handed off to USPS (da fu**?), arrived in Allen Park, Michigan, then traveled to Chicago, then Columbus, BACK to Chicago, to Allen Park AGAIN, sat there for almost a week, and then eventually made the final leg of the journey to Toledo.

Four and a half weeks of this nonsense.

Now for the really fun part. When it zoomed through Allen Park the first time? Allen Park is the major USPS facility (I guess you call it a 'hub'?) for Toledo.

'Smart', my ass.

Old 06-09-2019, 02:30 PM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth CyberLurch View Post
... It left Pittsburg, got handed off to USPS (da fu**?) ... eventually made the final leg of the journey to Toledo.
The airline baggage boys did that to "Bomb Bay" some speshul's luggage. As in "route it through Bombay!"