This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comcast rant

This is the first time this has happened. I noticed earlier this evening that the phone was not ringing for incoming calls (although the caller ID on the TV set was working) so I went to check our phone and saw that the "Line In Use" light was blinking on the base and both handsets showed Line In Use. I had to press Talk > End and it cleared itself (normal dialtone since).

According to Comcast the reason is a short due to moisture in the wiring but it didn't rain at all today, this has never happened when it has rained and we got calls in the AM fine. It seemed to start after one call came in with a spoofed CID string that wasn't in phone number format (going by the CID, the last actual call to connect through was at 1:45 PM). Coincidentally (or not) two local TV stations were blacked out at about the same time.

I also discovered today that our bill is MUCH higher than it should be--like $200 higher. Unfortunately I can't view the statement online without having a PIN, which (we never had and) Comcrap insists on mailing. Seeing as we didn't actually receive the last bill...

Mom's going to call them tomorrow and bitch, and maybe a call to the consumer watchdogs as well if they can't explain the missing bill(s) and massive increase.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X