Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comcast Service Rant (not related to the other Comcast rant)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob's first job out of the navy was as a CS rep with Verizon Wireless, which was fun as we already had our cell account with them.

First time that Charter called trying to bundle our phone service I told the rep that my husband works for Verizon and we get our cell service at an incredibly deep discount and that they should note this on our account so they do not have to waste their time trying to match 3 cell numbers with unlimited text and 1200 minutes for $21 I think it was actually $25 per line, but it kept them from calling us for the past 10 years.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Why wouldn't they think it counterproductive to try to sell additional services to someone who's not yet happy with what they're already getting?
      Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Heksubah View Post
        Could be a case of her using her required pitch to cover the potential for dead air while she went through her system to find out what was wrong with your bill. Granted, as someone who has worked many call center jobs, I can say that it was the wrong thing to do for exactly the reason you listed... the problem was unsolved still so it felt wrong for the call flow.
        I can agree with that but also I would add in the factor of one of those mandatory spiels where she could get an auto fail if she got caught not saying it on a quality audit or even written up for it too. It really sucks but that's (sadly) part of the territory.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

My GF and I do not get the bordering-on-harrassment phone calls from opur cable/internet provider or the phone company but there has NOT been a week go by since AT&T (she has a landline and cellphone thought them) rolled out U-verse a couple of years ago that we get don't some sort of promo material mailed to us.

I swear the $$$$ they spend even though we have told them no in the past......
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Interesting. I have AT&T for my cell phone, and have had it since it was called Bellsouth Mobility... and other than the bill once a month and an occasional mailing (actual mail delivered by the postman) advertising a free phone if I get a second line, I never hear a peep out of them.

Of course, it's possible that Uverse isn't available here... but even at that, their not trying to sell it to me shows better sense than they apparently do with their other customers.
            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

I have AT&T for both cell phone (roomie's and mine) and Uverse Internet. They keep emailing me with bundle deals to at Uverse tv. We watch stuff on our roku and have no need for tv but they keep offering it to us. *shrugs* I just throw away the mailers and delete the emails cause they were the lesser of two evils.
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                Why wouldn't they think it counterproductive to try to sell additional services to someone who's not yet happy with what they're already getting?
                If they have a CTV monopoly in an area, they want to try and get it all; also, vic--err, customers might be lulled into thinking that having to only deal with one bill is the way to go.

Sadly, we're finding that if any one part of the bundle package (landline, TV, internet) has any sort of issues the rest does as well...even if I can manage to track it down to something on their end--and prove it--they deny it. Mom said 'hell no!' when she saw their cell phone service ad.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                X