This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just finished school for the summer and got one grade

And I got an A! SWEET! I didn't know it was a graduate level Sociology class until I started it, and everyone else pretty much was supposed to know some of the material coming in.

Class was Symbolic Interactionism and the history of Social Interaction, I took it because it sounded interesting, lol.
    Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

It does sound interesting. Care to give us a synopsis?

Congratulations on the A.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Sure. Mead, Cooley and Goffman are the big three. Mead stated that Symbolic Interactionism was important because without symbols, people would have a harder time communicating. We communicate because we have a mutual understanding of the symbols we use, whether it be language, actual objects or symbolic objects that we agree on, kind of like the phenomena and numena argument by Kant. Goffman stated that we not only have symbols, we also have the ability to use dramatalurgical interactions, meaning we have a front stage and a back stage. The front stage is what people see when we are at work, the back stage is when we are behind the scenes and not on display..think of the back stage as what we do here on the forum; we talk about the customers and are ourselves, we don't have to be nice to the customers anymore and can say what we really think.
      Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Working...
      X