Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I just died a little (really long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I just died a little (really long)

I just wanted to vent a little. I got home from work about 1:30 in the morning and locked my bf out of our bedroom while I changed. I was taking off my shirt and heard an all too familiar snapping sound in my back. Then I was in pain. Lots of pain. I managed to get to the door, unlock it and call my bf back. He had to finish undressing me and put me in pj's. Then he had to lay me on the bed, and get me food and drink to take my pain meds. Then he heated up my heating pad, and rearranged me on the bed so that my head was on the pillow. It's been almost a week, and despite two trips to the chiropractor, I'm still in a ton of pain and wearing button up shirts. Also, Mother Nature decided that she likes a practical joke, so not only did I get a wonderful "gift" right after that, my right ovary is killing me. Also, cramps, but my ovary actually hurts more. So while I have an amazing boyfriend, and an amazing chiropractor whose new car I am currently financing, I am in a ton of pain. I'm dying. The reason I am venting on here instead of the forum site that actually caters to people with what I have- I like how this is set up better. Also, I'm extremely lucky in terms of how severe my case is. So I didn't want to go and complain about how I took off my shirt after driving home after work, when most people on that site have trouble working/driving. That is a jerk move. So, yeah, I'm lucky, but it sucks being in pain for something so lame. At least my brother was playing quidditch when he injured himself.
    No, Buzz. I AM your hotdog in pajamas!
    sewingwithmermer.wordpress.com

I don't have much experience in any of this, but being in pain is never fun. I'll send lots of healing vibes your way.

Comment

Doesnt matter WHY youre in pain. Just that you are. Dont feel bad for "complaining", its life. We all have cards to deal with and no one is better than you b/c they were injured in a more spectacular way.

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Thanks guys! And it's not so much the injury, as it is the disorder behind it. I have one of the more, I guess, laid back forms of this disorder. It comes in varying degrees, but I'm usually able to control the symptoms well enough that I can do a lot of things that most people with this can't. I just feel bad posting over there because of that (and the fact that it comes pretty closely linked with depression).
        But I think the healing vibes actually worked! I can move a lot more than what I could before, even after multiple visits to the chiropractor. Oh my gosh, I feel so much better! I can turn my head and lift my arms! Darn it, this means I don't have an excuse not to clean my room now.

Comment

Just wondering - why do you lock the door while you get changed? Does your bf usually come blundering back in or something? Because surely it would have made one less problem if you didn't have to go across and unlock it again to let him in so he could help you.
          "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
            Just wondering - why do you lock the door while you get changed? Does your bf usually come blundering back in or something? Because surely it would have made one less problem if you didn't have to go across and unlock it again to let him in so he could help you.
            Seconding this. Boyfriend should know (did OP ever tell him?) that she likes privacy when changing after work, and that he should therefore stay out. On the other hand, since OPs disorder can, without warning, put her in a situation where she needs help, locking the door is a BAD IDEA. Of course, if this is a typical "privacy latch", there's usually an emergency bypass (such as sticking a pin into a hole in the outside handle) to open the door when it's locked, but in an emergency it's better if the door isn't locked in the first place.

TL;DR - privacy protection via trained boyfriend, with door unlocked in case of emergency, is better than privacy protection via locked door.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Last time I hurt my back I took steroids for a few weeks and it helped tremendously. Is that an option for you?
              ''Sugar cane and coffee cups, copper, steel, and cattle. An annotated history the forest for the fire. Where we propagate confusion primitive and wild. Welcome to the occupation''

Comment

He usually doesn't come in while I'm changing, but we had been goofing around and raced each other to the bedroom, hence his getting locked out. It wasn't until recently we even got a lock on the door anyway. The one time I actually lock the door... I've been conditioned since childhood to not lock the door in certain situations, but that usually means not when showering. And steriods are an option, but I really hate them. Too much of a hassle, plus the make me gain weight, something you don't want to do when you have this. One reason I won't go on birth control.

Comment

Working...
                X