This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surgery tomorrow

I need to wake up early so I can have a clear liquid breakfast, then take a shower, and be at admitting by 10am. Roomy is giving a ride there, and we're taking a cab home.
    I spent the day on a couple of trips to the grocery store for food I can eat one handed. Things like dried fruit, nuts, pop tarts, cereal and milk, corn dogs, frozen burritos, etc. I also bought a button up sleveless shirt for coming home from the hospital. I had better be able to get a well padded arm through that hole. I tried to talk them into allowing me to use one of my tank tops coming home, but they were like "we don't want you lifting your arms above your head to get into it."

May I suggest sweatpant or something like that for the lower half of your body? It's surprisingly hard to pull up and to close jeans one armed... Been there, done that, cursed alot....

Good luck and and not too painfull recovery.
    No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I have shorts with elastic waist bands.

Comment

Last year when i had my shoulder rebuilt, i went home in the hospital gown on (with shorts on under it) but draped about the sling i was locked into. Worked rather well since i wasn't in any frame of mind to get dressed, nor did I really care what I looked like. The nerve block didn't help in the least bit as the arm was completely useless. When i got home, my gf helped me get into a t-shirt so i could feel somewhat normal again before i collapsed for the night.

Getting dressed over the next 12 weeks was an exercise in frustration and annoyance as my range of motion was severely limited and i wasn't allowed any active motion outside of PT. Best way I found to get dressed was to lean way forward to let my arm hang and slide the shirt up it, stick my noggin in the hole, stand upright letting the shirt settle over me and then slowly get my right arm in the sleeve. It worked but took forever. Pants- I left buttoned up as they were loose enough to take on and off as long as the belt wasn't done up. Shoes were left tied so i could slip em on or off as desired.

Comment

What happened?
          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

In December I had an accident which broke off 1/3 of my right radial head. They reattached it. Then I started having pain in my arm any time I put weight on it. CT scan showed the bone kinda melted away from the scfews and there was loose matter i n my arm. Doctor went in and removed the screws and loose matter. I am hoping he got it all.

Comment

Working...
            X