This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You suck, your system sucks, everything is a pain in the ***

I got this customer come to my desk, wondering why he got an SMS from us (an ISP, mobile operator and land-line operator) telling that his 12month contract is coming to an end and if he doesn't react, it's going to be renewed for another 12 months. He told me he'd called to our customer care and ordered it not to be continued anymore, and he was using very foul language at me. I told him there's no need to talk to me like that, and that I'm only trying to help him. He managed to give me the phone numbers and ID, so I checked, and there was an order placed in the system. He didn't believe me though, so he wanted it on paper. I wrote him a statement with the phone numbers in question, printed it and signed it as a representative of the operator, and in the end told him (he had been shouting to me) that maybe things would be easier to do if he was a bit nicer to the salesmen/reps in the future. He said back, "Not one thing has been done here WITHOUT shouting!" and left in a huff.

Another one quite similar, this was an elder lady coming up without the queue number and demanding service. I told her I can't serve her if she doesn't take the number, but she just kept on telling her story. She hadn't got bills from us in 3 months and was demanding to get one. Our new system doesn't give this opportunity, so I told her it "will be coming in some time". First of all, we have a carry-over limit on 25€ (no bill home if billing is under it, the amount's going to be added to the next bill), and second, we've had problems with billing here so we have a delay of abt 3 months at the moment. She was saying to me she needs the bill and she's leaving to Spain (or wherever it was) for 3 weeks and is not going to pay late fees if the bill's waiting when she comes home. She wanted to know the exact amount she's going to get, so I told her it's impossible to get for me but maybe our phone customer care could help. She told me she'd been queuing for three days and she's not going to do it again. I told her there's no other way around the problem and gave her the number again and informed her of the number being toll-free. She just was muttering curses under her breath and left.
    A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

No offense.. YOU don't deserve to get yelled at or mistreated... but it sounds like your system DOES suck.

Comment

But, in all fairness, that IS the system...and he can't change it.

It boggles the mind that SCs don't understand that regular employees cannot change store policy, no matter how hard they try and wish.

Comment

Because they've been conditioned that screaming = them getting their way, or at least it's the way to get to scream at someone who will cave in to them.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Heh, my new boss has let us know the exact policy of those things, he almost always backs us sales people up if a similar situation breaks out. He's really awesome.

Oh, actually I think it's a good system not to send e.g. 3€ (approx USD4???) bills to customers because the shipping and human resource things cost more than the bill entirely would be, the amount has really been thoroughfully considered in management, I think. Anyway, the system's been in use for almost 6 months now and it still isn't as reliable as the old one was, the only problem with the old one was it was old. It couldn't carry as much info and as many different products the new system can, it was obscure and difficult to learn, but IT WORKED. Always.

Crazeyal: no offense taken. No worries.

Oh, and by the way, I'm a she. I live in NE Europe, Finland, in a town of 200 000 inhabitants. No, we don't have polar bears striding on streets, yet occasionally a distraught moose shows up and that's like once a year in our country and it gets big time in news every time this happens.
          A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Working...
          X