Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get out. Just GET OUT. In which the manager is evasive and I tell lies (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get out. Just GET OUT. In which the manager is evasive and I tell lies (long)

Me:

EW: Entitlement whore

MOD: Manager

10:55. I make the five minute closing announcement.

11:05. Entitlement whore with oxygen tank is still wandering around the store. (I"m not prejudiced against people with oxygen or anything, but by the time she left, I had absolutely no pity for her)

I'm trying to get all the registers cleaned and broken down, because I know there are two heaping carts full of re-shop that I have to put back, and I really don't want to be here all night. I look up to hear a voice shouting "TUNA FISH??" at me. I didn't comprehend at first, but it took me too long to walk a few feet over so I could hear her better, so she turns around and spots the MOD down the isle, starts calling him by his first name at the top of her lungs, to ask him what isle the tuna is on. Note: This manager has a very unusual first name; most customers accuse us of joking around when we tell them what his name is. I get the distinct impression he does not like being called by his first name, so we all call him Mr. Surname. Anywho . . . he directs her to the tuna fish and she finally comes up to the register. It's ten after 11 now.

I had been telling myself earlier in the evening, if one more person does the "I don't want this, can you put it back?" scenario, I am going to make them eat it free of charge. Even if it is Downy softener sheets. So of course, when Ms. Entitlement pulls up, she realizes she has accidentally picked up the hot variety of sausages and she certainly doesn't want those! I fling them into the returns cart and didn't even bother to hide my annoyance. Then she pulls out a can of Pringles, sees MOD lurking nearby, and questions him in a smarmy, matter of fact sort of way . . .

EW: "These were in the damaged mark down bin. They are 99 cents, but you have them on sale right now for 10 for $10!"

She then put her hand on her hip and stared at him in the "Well, what do you plan on doing about that, young man?!" attitude.

MOD: "Well, ma'am, they were probably marked down before we started that sale."

Then he walked away. I would find out later that this woman had already been pestering him in the back of the store about lowering the price on some crab legs, or something to that nature. He only said that there was a package with the sticker peeled off and she kept asking him to talk to the meat manager and when the meat manager would be in the next morning and would it be the same one that had worked today.

I finally get all her shit rung up and she pays me, but as I go into the drawer, she asks if I have any hundred dollar bills in there. I have a wad of them, actually, but the answer she receives is "No, sure don't." I see that wad of bills in your hand and I am NOT going to trade them for something bigger. I'm not quite that stupid. No, I do not have any fifties, either.

She then glances down towards where the cash office is, and back at MOD, who has his back turned and is pretending to straighten a display, probably desperately hoping she won't say anything to him again. I can't stand the guy, but I don't blame him one bit in this situation.

EW: "Is there anyone in the office? Anyone here besides you and him?"

Me: "No."

Again, I lied, but I wasn't about to pester the already exasperated girl in the office because you want to play switch the bills. She finally leaves, and before I can even get the paper towels and cleaner out from under my register, EW has come back in. That's right, when the automatic doors didn't automatically open for her, she PRIED them open instead of taking the hint that it was twenty minutes PAST CLOSE and we really didn't think her welcome here anymore. She walked in, carrying her receipt. Oh hells no.

EW: "Excuse me . . ."

And again, the MOD was her prey. Apparently, she had bought a small bottle of malt liquor and thought it should have been $1.29, not $5.99. Genius thought because she took a bottle from one of the little four pack cartons, that it should ring up that way.

MOD: "We don't sell them as singles, ma'am. We never have. You should try the liquor store. LadyBarbossa, give her the 5.99 from your till and I'll work it out later. And be sure to lock the door behind her."

And during this whole time, her dogs (yes, she left them locked in a van while she was in here shopping) had jumped out the van windows and were running around the parking lot, barking at customers and passerby alike.

I hate humanity.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Always DOUBLE check to make sure the doors are locked.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
      when the automatic doors didn't automatically open for her, she PRIED them open

There's a legal term for that, what is it.....oh yeah: BREAKING & ENTERING!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well, they weren't locked yet. When we get there to open the store early in the morning and the switch isn't on yet, employees will pry the doors as well. But perhaps you have a point. Gah. I thought she'd never leave. It was 12:30 before I finally went home, after having the stupid managers keep asking me if I was done re-shelving the returns because apparently they wanted to go home.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
        X