Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is it that you are able to dress yourself in the morning?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is it that you are able to dress yourself in the morning?

Yet another jewelry counter rant...and it's long.

Got a call from a guy who needed a new watchband for his watch. So I go up to jewelry to find a redneck (RN) standing there waiting. Once he handed me his watch I saw that it isn't a brand we sell and told him we no longer change watchbands on brands we don't carry on a regular basis. I also told him I could find the right size band for him and he could put it on himself.

RN: "I can't put a band on it myself."

Me: *oh, for Pete's sake* "It's really very simple."

RN: "No, I can't do it. How 'bout I just get a cheap watch? You got any that are water resistant and shock resistant for under 20 bucks?"

Me: "I doubt it but we'll take a look."

So we looked, and looked ................and looked.

Finally, he found one but it was a kid's watch. So he asked...

RN: "Is this a kid's watch?"

Me: "Yes it is."

RN: "How can you tell?"

Me: "It say's Kids right on the tag." (Brilliant, aren't I?)

Well, that wouldn't do so we looked, and looked ................and looked some more.

There were no other watches that met his needs so he ended up buying the kid's watch. I rang it up for him, put it in a bag, handed it to him and said, "Thank-you."

RN: "Aren't you going to set the time for me?"

Me: * you've got to be freakin' kidding me * "No. We don't offer that service here."

RN: "Oh, Okay."

And he left.

Or so I thought.

I'd just got back to the womens dept when one of my phones rang. The asswipe had gone to the head cashier (HC) and complained because I wouldn't set his stupid watch. She called to tell me to meet him back at the jewelry counter and set the watch for him.

Me: "That's not a service we offer. I don't even know how to set the watch." *although, if I was so inclined, I would resort to reading the directions. But hell, just how much do we have to coddle these people?*

HC: "Well. He's headed back there so meet him up there and wing it."

Keep in mind that we have 7 depts we have to cover and there are only 2 of us there at night. Also, as a side note, my eyesight is very poor. I have to use a magnifying glass to read very small print.

Me: * back to the counter, seething with anger * to RN..."What's the problem?"

RN: "I'd like to wear this watch out (of the store)."

Me: "Go ahead. You bought it. It's yours to do with as you please."

RN: "The time isn't set on it and I'm not good with computers. I don't even own one."

Me: * WTF??? It's a watch, not a computer * "There are directions inside the case which show you how to set the time. We just don't offer that service here."

RN: "I'm really not any good with computers."

The redneck took the directions out of the case. They were folded several times in order to fit in the case and this idiot can't even unfold them. I took them from him, opened them up and of course the print was too small for me to read.

Just at that moment my co-worker showed up. She's only been there about 4 weeks and still believes she'll be rewarded for kissing SC's asses. She also knows I can't see worth beans so she started setting the time on the watch.

You'd think she had just saved the redneck's life. He started going on and on about how she had the "miracle touch." I couldn't take anymore and walked away.

It surprises me that idiot has survived this long.

When my co-worker finished and returned to the dept I thanked her for the save. Told her I had to walk away.

I think I owe her a cookie...maybe two!

I forgot to add this little tidbit. When my co-worker came back to the dept, after I'd thanked her she said that the idiot made her put the watch on his wrist for him.

I know I would have lost it at that point.

Last edited by Retail Associate; 10-06-2007, 08:14 AM. Reason: Forgot the best part...
    Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

I'm not sure if he's just that stupid or extremely lazy. What a jerk. We have to hold their hands for everything. I wouldn't have helped him.

Comment

It sounds like he's one of those jerks who gets off on having girls wait on him hand and foot.
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        I forgot to add this little tidbit. When my co-worker came back to the dept, after I'd thanked her she said that the idiot made her put the watch on his wrist for him.
        "Did you need us to wipe your ass for you too, sir?"

Unbelievable. Was this guy elderly? I do a lot of extra stuff for my elderly customers, like count their change for them. But able-bodied adults are on their own.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
          But able-bodied adults are on their own.
          Ah, good. See, just after the stroke, I would attempt to put my watch on (It was a metal band, with a clasp), and I could sometimes get it on, sometimes not. I could usually get it mostly on, and then smash the clasp closed by beating my wrist on a nearby hard surface. Then I realized it would just be easier to wear it on my bad wrist, fashion be damned. After that, the parents took to getting me pocket watches for Christmas, stuff that clipped onto a belt loop, or what have you. Nothing with a clasp.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This guy didn't sound disabled, he sounded lazy & stupid. RA...you handled him just fine.

PJ
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Quoth Boozy View Post
              "Did you need us to wipe your ass for you too, sir?"

Unbelievable. Was this guy elderly? I do a lot of extra stuff for my elderly customers, like count their change for them. But able-bodied adults are on their own.
              I don't count change for the elderly anymore. I had a older women ask me to and I took the correct change from the pile in her hand and she handed me the bills. She then went to the MOD and told her I took a $20 from her and pocked it. Thankfully the whole transaction was caught on CCTV. she was asked to leave the store, and not to return.

Comment

Me: "It say's Kids right on the tag." (Brilliant, aren't I?)
                Wow, you can read??
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Was it this guy perchance?

Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post

I'm watching "Earl" right now.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                      It sounds like he's one of those jerks who gets off on having girls wait on him hand and foot.
                      That's the impression I got. Although, I'm not a girl any longer

Quoth Boozy View Post
                      Was this guy elderly?
                      No. He was younger than I am. He also wasn't disabled in any way. He was a roofer which, according to him, is why he needed a water resistant (in case of rain) and shock resistant (because of all the hammering) watch. He kept repeating the 'rain' and 'hammering' stuff the whole time he was looking.

At first I thought perhaps he couldn't read and that's why he wanted the watch set for him. But then I remembered he was reading the description tags of the watches to see if they were water/shock resistant.

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      ...I had a older women... went to the MOD and told her I took a $20 from her and pocked it.
                      The day before this incident with the redneck, an older woman purchased a watch at the jewelry counter and used her credit card. A few minutes later I received a call from the service desk. The old woman told them I took her credit card and never gave it back.

I never even touched her card. We DO NOT handle SCs credit cards. They run it through the machine themselves. The only time we take an SC's card is when they are flagged by the register as stolen.

The old biddy found her card in her purse, right where she'd put it.

Quoth DGoddess View Post

Retail Haiku:
                      Depression sets in.
                      The hellhole is calling me ~
                      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
                        At first I thought perhaps he couldn't read and that's why he wanted the watch set for him. But then I remembered he was reading the description tags of the watches to see if they were water/shock resistant.
                        Actually, that doesn't necessarily mean the man was literate.

There are a lot of people who can't read that know how to recognize certain words because they have memorized the pattern of the letters.

There are a number of words in Japanese that I can read on sight because I know the characters that make them up, but I am otherwise quite unable to read anything else.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I wait on Red necks all the time, They're not snobish and usually treat me like a neighbor.

While I'm giving them "a lot of extra service", I enjoy talking about the weather or their project... sometime we'll even tell a story or two.

Comment

Working...
                          X